The Gift ~ Chapter 1

The light was welcomed into Marinette's bedroom as it bounced off her pink walls. As the birds chirped her eyes began to flutter open. Once again it was a beautiful spring day with no clouds in Paris's blue sky and no crime on its streets thanks to the work of the Miraculous Ladybug and her mysterious crime fighting partner, Chat Noir. As Marinette laid in her bed and stared at the ceiling  a thought occurred to her. It will be a year tomorrow since Chat Noir and her had become a crime fighting duo. Chat and her had agreed previously not to make a big deal out of it. After all it has only been a year. But Marinette felt she was indebted to Chat Noir. He had done so much for her this last year and had cheered her up on the days she felt were her worst. As she thought of a way she could repay him without going overboard, she glanced at her Paris keychain hanging from one of her bookmarks. She smiled to herself and went to wake up Tikki.

* * *

Adrien smiled as he woke up to another bright and sunny day. That was until his Kwami, Plagg opened his mouth. "Hey Adrien!" Plagg began to whistle and wave his arms about until Adrien finally responded. "What is it now Plagg?" Adrien replied with a sigh. It was too early to hear Plagg complain. "Adrien where's the cheese? You would think a guy from a family such as yours would have an endless supply of cheese for his little buddy ay?" Adrien rubbed his face with his hand and laid back down, ignoring Plagg's outcries. As Adrien glanced over at his computer, he was met with an image of his Ladybug and recalled that tomorrow was their anniversary. Oh how he would like nothing more than to shower his Lady with gifts of thanks for the wondrous year she had bestowed upon him. But with her strict orders of not making a fuss over this anniversary, he was restricted to just a handshake and a word of "Thank you for a great year". The last thing he would want to do is make the one he loves angry, despite the cute pout she does when she's angry. Adrien smiled to himself. The thought of his lady was enough to make him feel like he was floating on air. He was the only one who Ladybug would ever converse with while in her transformation state, which made Adrien feel special or rather Chat Noir feel special. Maybe one day she will let him see who she is behind the mask.

* * *

As Marinette walked out of the store with her present in hand, she felt giddy. Chat was going to love it. It was only a small present but it was filled with her thanks and gratitude towards him. Now all she needed was a chance to give it to him. However without both of them being transformed at the same time there was no way of contacting him. She sighed but she knew she would see Chat soon after all Hawk Moth rarely took a break of trying to capture their miraculous. Marinette continued on down the street as she stared at the ground in front of her. Before she knew it she was beginning to fall just as someone caught her. "I'm so sorry Marinette, are you alright?" That voice sounded familiar and she began to blush. "Um- I-". She cleared her throat. "I'm s-sorry it was my fault. I was staring at the ground- not that the ground is interesting or anything- I mean you're more interesting than the ground. Um- I mean-." Marinette shut her mouth before she could utter any more embarrassing lines. She wished she could disappear. As she looked into his green eyes and watched him laugh, she could not believe her luck. She just happened to be looking at the ground when she bumped into her crush Adrien. As Adrien assured her it was alright and wished her a good day, Marinette thought to herself how with all this ladyluck she still couldn't formulate proper sentences when around Adrien. As a thought popped into her head her, her eyes widened in realisation. Tomorrow was the day Adrien had first been introduced to her high school. Her class had the privilege of being his first class mates due to him being home schooled for most of his schooling life. As Marinette thought of Adrien, all her previous thoughts of Chat Noir slowly left her mind.

~ A note!
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Sorry it's a bit slow but don't worry because in the next chapter Ladybug and Chat Noir will reunite for their anniversary after cleansing the Akuma of course. Feel free to comment ^_^