Prison Mates

"So, you're the new fresh meat hmm?" I flip off my cell mate as the guard pushes me into the cell. I was locked up for certain crimes that might get me killed in here, but for the time being, I'm on need to know basis and no one needs to know.

"What you do, killer?" I sat on the bottom bunk, because it is the only one place, beside the toilet, occupied. The guy that is talking, was sitting on the top bed, but now jumped down and stood in front of me.

"It's none of your business. So don't bother me."

"Oh excuse me little prince. I do so apologize." He gets a grip of my hair and pulls me up. He was a good foot taller than me, but wasn't a big muscular type. He was thin and a little muscular, like a farmer. He stared down at me for a long time. Neither one of us could look away. His eyes move down to my lips and I find my eyes doing the same. He licks his lips and bites his bottom so slowly that I found myself doing it too.

"Lights off in five!" An officer's voice booms down the halls. The man before me let go of my hair and climbed back on to his bed. "You should be worried, kid. Once people see you, they're gonna to have their way."

I sit back down in my bed. The lights go out and I just stare at the bars.

Life sentence, no probation, and getting raped for the rest of my life. Killed my dad and his friend who turned out to be the largest drug dealer and pimp in the United States as well as abusive towards the women in my life. First my mom. That was when I was younger then one night she disappeared. My father introduced me to a girl I went to college with and tried to get me to follow in his footsteps and I immediately turned on him and his friend. The law counted it as manslaughter and now here I was.

I lay back on my bed and close my eyes.

The judge found me guilty of murder even though it was self defense and now I have life. I just attended college, I'm only 18, and I'm already on my death-bed, but not literally. They tried to get me on death row, but the judge said that was "too much".

I feel myself nod off, but a ruckus up top took me by surprise and caused me to open my eyes. I then hear slapping sounds and I groan. I put the pillow on top of my head, but I can't fall asleep. The guy begins to pick up speed and I groan louder into my pillow because he is making the bunk bed rock. I think tomorrow I'll get solitary confinement. Made then I'll get peace and quiet

********Next Morning********

"Everybody up!" I open my eyes and take the pillow off my head. I scream a little cause the guy from last night was right in my face. "Have a good night sleep."

I push him away and sit up. I hold my head and shake. "What do you think?"

"It's Kootra and you seem a little brown."

"Brown?"

"I don't curse." He states bluntly while moving away from me to collect a few things I can't see.

"Like never?"

"Not never, but I have morals and I was brought up better than that."

"What are you in here for then?" He chuckles and stands by the bars.

"I robbed. It's a stupid thought now that I think about it, but I was out of money. I was in a bad group of friends and was the only one who got caught. Now I have 5 years to go, then I'm out and I can go see my "baby" and wife again."

"Why didn't you have your way with me?"

"Again morals. I wanted you, but I figured I'd give you a day to rest up and grow to know this place a little. Last night all I thought of was you." I look down and blush. Yeah okay I might be a bit gay, reason why father looked for my girlfriend, and remembering how hard he went at it last night, got me all hot and bothered. The cell gates clang open and the booming voice is back.