Chapter 4: Turn My Life Upside Down

Orlando's p.o.v

 I was sleeping, but I was awakening by what I thought was someone crying. I was right. Someone was crying. It was my sister but why was she crying? I wondered. I saw that she was holding a blade. She held the blade and then slid onto her arms. She did this over and over again. She was cutting herself.  Why was she doing this? I wanted to stop her but I didn't know what to do. After she did this several times she finally stopped, but she was still crying. I couldn't sleep knowing something was wrong. She cried herself to sleep. It wasn't the only time this happened. Every night she would cry and cut herself. I wanted to talk to her and ask her if she was ok, but I couldn't. I was afraid she wouldn't tell me the truth. One day I saw the marks on her arms and asked her about it. "Marisa! What happened to your arms?" I said as I looked at the marks.

Marisa: Oh. It’s nothing. A cat scratched me.

Orlando: Are you sure?

Marisa: I'm sure. Don't worry about it. 

I wasn't convinced. I wanted to tell someone, but didn't know who.

One day Alfonso, Marisa's best friend came over. I decided to tell him because he is really good friends with Marisa and he'll help her.  "Alfonso!” I said as I saw him.

Alfonso: Hey Orlando! Is Marisa home?

Orlando: Yeah. Come in. I'll call her. Marisa!  Alfonso is here!

Marisa: Alright I'll be down in a little.

Hey Alfonso can I tell you something?

Alfonso: Sure. What is it?

I told Alfonso about what has been going on with Marisa, and he said he would talk to her. I heard Marisa coming down the stairs so I stopped talking.

Marisa's p.o.v

 Today I was feeling terrible but then I heard my brother say that Alfonso was here. , and for some reason hearing that put a smile on my face. I went downstairs and Alfonso was sitting there next to my brother. He saw me and I smiled. He got up to give me a hug.

Alfonso: Hey best friend. I came to visit you!      

I smiled.

Alfonso: Wanna go to the park?

 Marisa: Sure.

 Alfonso: Alright c'mom. See ya Orlando.

 Orlando: Bye Alfonso. Bye Marisa.

 As Orlando said bye to me he came over to me and gave me a hug and said "I love you sister"

 It was really weird cause he never says that to me. I just smiled at him and we left.

We got to the park and we sat on the swings. We started talking. I wasn’t really into the conversation. I was still feeling horrible, and I didn’t know why.  “Marisa. Are you ok?” Alfonso asked as he looked at me.  “I’m fine”, I said giving him a fake smile. He continued talking I wasn’t paying attention and he noticed.

Alfonso: ok Marisa what’s wrong?

Marisa: What? No. it’s nothing.

Alfonso: Marisa I know something’s wrong. C’mon you can tell me anything. I’m your best friend.

After he said that I bursted into tears. I really don’t know why I just started crying.

“It’s alright Marisa. I’m here for you.” He said as he came closer to me and hugged me.

“Cry all you want. Let it out.” he said softly.  All I could do was cry.

After a while I finally stopped crying. I looked at Alfonso and he wiped the tears off my cheeks.

“C’mon Marisa lets go.” He said smiling. I got up and followed him. “Where are we going?” I asked. He didn’t respond he just gave me a cheeky smile.  Minutes later we were found in forest. I wasn’t sure where we were going, so I just followed him. He stopped and we ended up at a water fall. It was beautiful! So many trees, mountains, and the grass is greener than ever. “Where are we?” I said looking amused by the beautiful place. “A forest” he smiled. “Why you bring here? I asked “I always come here when I’m feeling down, so I thought I could bring you here.” He said smilingly.

We walked around. It was a beautiful place like those magical places from the movies, but this one was real. “Come Marisa. I wanna show you something.” Alfonso said “ok” I said following him.

We walked and we got to the top of a mountain, the mountain with the water fall. I could hear the sound of water falling and feel it splashing on me. “Wow! It amazing!” I told him. He smiled and said, “Look up.” I looked up and I saw the sky filled with stars. It was already so you could see many stars.

Alfonso’s p.o.v

Alfonso: You like it?

Marisa: Yeah! I’ve never seen a place like it.  -I said still looking at the sky-

Alfonso: Marisa?

Marisa: Yeah? -Still not looking at him-

I was nervous. I was about to tell Marisa how I felt. I really liked her ever since we met and I wanted to tell her.

Marisa’s p.o.v

Alfonso was about to say something but he stopped. I looked at him to see if he would finish, but he just kept looking at me. “What is Alfonso?” I asked “I-I Like you Marisa…” he said in the softest yet deepest voice. I looked at him for a second. I was confused not sure if what I heard was right. I could see him getting closer to me.  I said, “What?” confused “I like you. I always have”.  After he said that he started to get closer and closer. Alfonso is taller than me so I was looking up at him. He looked at me too. He placed his hand on my face and he softly stroked my cheek. He was about to kiss me. His lips were centimeters away from mine but then my phone rang. We stepped away and I looked at my phone to see who was calling. It was my sister. Ugh! My siblings always have to ruin my good moments.

---Call---

Marisa: What do you want?!

Daniela: Why aren’t you home?

Marisa: I went out ok.

Daniela: Well you need to get home now!

Marisa: Fine!

---End of call---

I hung up on her. She was so annoying and mean. I guess I was kind of disappointed that Alfonso and I didn’t get to kiss. Maybe I liked him too.

Marisa: Mm hey sorry I have to go.

Alfonso: Oh no it’s fine. I’ll walk you home.

We walked back to my house and all the way it was silent. It was really awkward. I guess because of what was going to happen. We got to my house and we stood there for a little.

Marisa: Thanks for today. I feel better now. -I smiled-

Alfonso: No problem Marisa. –He smiled too-

Marisa: Ok well I’ll see ya.

Alfonso: Ok bye Marisa.

After he said that he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I was surprised so I just smiled at him. “Goodnight Marisa!” he said with a huge smile on his face I smiled and went inside. I can’t believe Alfonso likes me. Why would he?

I went upstairs to my room and lay on my bed. Today was Friday so I could stay up all night, and I did. I was bored so I decided to go on the chat app. I don’t know why I was just really bored. All I was gonna do was bother people cause I had nothing else to do. I would ask people if they were British. I thought that maybe someone would get it and be like “Oh are you a Directioner?” no one did though. I kept asking this question every time, but one time I didn’t and something happened…

Hello! Hope you liked this chapter. Please vote and comment. I'd like to know what you think about my story. Thanks! xx

Once Upon A Dream [Harry Styles]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें