Chapter 16- Say what?!

Start from the beginning

I struggled out of the boy’s arms and I left the room with a bang of the door, leaving my band members gobsmacked. This was it. I will pay and accommodate for Nat to follow us around on tour. I will pay for her enjoyment and comfort and I will go out of my way to annoy management about it. There were going to see an awful lot more of her, whether or not they like it. Natalie was coming.

 ********

Nat’s POV

“Mum! Hi, it’s Nat!” I spoke happily into the phone.

“Natalie?”

“Yes mum.”

“Oh darling! Why haven’t you called? I’ve been worried sick! How’s London?”

I laughed, my mother always worrying.

“I’m sorry mum, but London is amazing!”

“Have you met any hot boys?”

“Err…yes. I met this one guy. His name’s Liam. We’re dating now, but it’s a bit complicated.”

“Good for you honey! What do you mean by complicated….you have been using protection haven’t you?”

“WHAT? No mum it’s not like that! We haven’t…I haven’t..- mum no. It’s complicated…coz he’s famous.”

“Famous? What kind of famous? He isn’t a porn star is he?”

“He’s in this boy band…you know One Direction?”

“One Direction….? Oh I think I know the group, Em’s been talking about them I think. Them or the Wiggles…I dunno. Is Liam the one with the Yellow shirt?”

“Eeew no mum! That's definitely the Wiggles. Liam is my age not some 40 year old man!”

“Good, good, oh silly me.”

“Anyway, mum the reason I called, was to tell you and ask you something important….”

“Yes?”

“I…I-I think I’m going to take a break from school for a while.”

“Why? Are they treating you badly?”

“It’s nothing like that mum….It’s just, I don’t think it’s for me,”

“Don’t you want your sound engineering degree anymore?:

“I do…but I don’t think now is the time.”

“I understand, but go back to school as soon as you can. We didn’t send you over there for you to dawdle with a guy.”

“I promise mum. But good news!”

“What?”

“Liam’s band is touring and I’m coming with them over to see you!!”

“Really? OH I’m so happy Natalie, honey! Emily is going to be ecstatic!”

“Just wanted to let you know. But I have to go now mum, I’m at UNI now, need to unroll for the semester before they charge me for testing.”

“Alright honey. See you soon!”

“Bye”

And with a push of a button, I ended my phone call with my mother and went over to the head office of Manchester UNI.  Once at the office, I walked over to the reception desk and asked for the required forms and filled them in. I was about to hand them in when I received a call from Liam.

“Hello?”

“Hey Liam.”

“Good and bad news Nat.”