Search

Lucius woke up early the next morning to get ready to go to his office. He knew what he had to do to keep Narcissa safe, but it was risky; if the ministry even suspected him a Death Eater before he finished his task, Narcissa would be left to the mercies of the Dark Lord. She stirred slightly as he kissed her goodbye and apparated to the ministry.

P

Narcissa awoke not long after her husband had gone, sighing when she realized the bed sheets were empty next to her. She had been hoping to talk to him before he had left, to ask why he had been so restless last night, but she was just going to have to wait until he got home.

P

Through out the day, Lucius took every spare moment to try and find out more about the Prophecy. He even used the Imperious Curse a couple of times on higher ranked members of the Ministry, to try and find the location of the prophecy. By the end of the day, no one could tell him where it was. All he got was that it was on the ninth floor in the department of mysteries. He sighed. He didn't know when the Dark Lord was going to show up at his manor, but he didn't want Narcissa there when it happened.

He apparated back to his house at the end of his search, where he found his wife sitting down worriedly in the parlor. "What are you still doing up?" he asked, looking at the clock. It was eleven o'clock.

"Waiting for you, "Narcissa replied, getting up and turning to him. "I wanted to talk to you about last night. You were talking in you sleep, and moving around."

"It's nothing Narcissa," Lucius lied, hoping she wouldn't press the matter. "The Dark Lord sent me a message last night."

"It must have scared you, then," Narcissa commented flatly, and he knew she knew he was lying about it. He couldn't tell her that the dream he had was one of her being tortured, she was scared enough as it was. "Because you were crying out in the night."

Lucius sighed and walked over to her. "I promise, Narcissa, everything is going to be alright." He gently embraced her, absorbing everything he could about her; the way her hair smelled, how tight her embrace was, he could go on with the list. "I'll make sure of it."

Narcissa sighed, pulling back a bit to look at him. "I hope Bella isn't giving you a hard time. I'll make sure she stops if she is."

"You're sister isn't giving me a hard time," Lucius replied, caressing her cheek. She was so beautiful at this moment, he didn't want to talk anymore about Death Eaters; just sweep her off her feet. "I'm just worried about you, that's all."

"I don't know why," Narcissa replied, a ghost of a smile forming on her lips. "I'll always be here."

Lucius smiled, but his mind went else where, back to the nightmare. He hoped he didn't have to wipe her memory of the Cruciatis Curse. Picking her up bridal style, he took her upstairs to their bedroom, where they shared each kiss passionately until they fell asleep in each other's embrace.

P

The next morning- after kissing his wife passionately on the lips to let her know just how much he loved her- Lucius apparated back to work, where he had a visitor in his office. "Rabastian," he said, keeping his voice so he wasn't overheard. "This is a surprise."

"The Dark Lord will need to be seeing you soon, Lucius," Rabastian replied stiffly, keeping his hood up.

"Where and when?" Lucius asked, mentally coming up with a way to keep Narcissa out of this mess. He just hoped it would be enough.

"Your place. Bellatrix is on her way there now to inform your wife."

"Thank you, now you better go."

Rabastian drank some Poly Juice potion, and left Lucius alone. Lucius sat down and sighed. His only hope was to make sure Narcissa was out of the manor before the Dark Lord got there. In the meantime, he managed to get a little more luck in finding out where the Prophecy was. It was close to number 97, but he still couldn't find out where exactly. It was as close as he was going to get; he just hoped it would be enough to please the Dark Lord, and if it wasn't... well he would gladly take the Cruciatus Curse any day instead of his wife.