Nightmare

"Lucius," a voice hissed.

Lucius Malfoy was standing in his foyer when the snake-like voice came out of nowhere; he looked up to see his Master and bowed deeply. "My Lord," he said. "What is it that you wish?"

"I need you to find something for me, a prophecy."

"My Lord," Lucius said, "only the person who the Prophecy's about can retrieve the prophecy."

"I thought you would say that..." Voldemort said, a smile forming on his lips. He waved his wand and two Death Eater's brought out his wife, Narcissa Malfoy. Her face was impassive, but Lucius knew she was scared. That was when he heard the Curse. "Crucio!"

Narcissa fell to the ground screaming in pain.

"Stop!" Lucius cried, wanting to lunge forward and remove the curse that was torturing his innocent wife. He looked at the Dark Lord beseechingly. "Stop, please."

Voldemort lowered his wand, and Narcissa's cries stopped. "Find the prophecy, Lucius; or the Cruciatis curse isn't the only thing she'll be recieving." As soon as Voldemort and the other Death Eaters dissappeared, Lucius carefully picked her up and took her back to their bedroom. He carefully stroked her hair, and took out his wand. "Obliviate," he whispered, wiping the memory of the Cruciatis curse from her mind."

She was too weak to move at all, let alone talk or comprehend anything. When he was done, he kissed her gently. There was nothing that was going to keep him from his wife. He loved her too much to see her in pain; he knew that she feared for his safety- neither of them were prepared for the day when it would endanger her.

Lucius awoke from the nightmare with a start. Narcissa was still asleep lying next to him peacefully. Relieved, he laid back down next to her, stroking her hair. He smiled when a soft smile came on her sleeping face. To him she was the most exquisite being in the world. He was going to do everything he could to keep her safe. Even if it meant risking to go to Azkaban. He was not going to leave Narcissa to Voldemort's mercies.

A/N: so... despite the fact this is an old story... it still gets views and somehow it's extremely popular... so now I'm gonna promote my new fic Sacrifice on this story. It hopefully explains the existence of Delphini (I'm sorry there is absolutely no way you can convince me that Delphini is the daughter of Bellatrix and Voldemort. Now... Narcissa and Voldemort I can buy more easily). Hope you all enjoy!