Chapter 2

~Beau's pov~

The bell rang for 7th period to end and I got out of gym as fast as I could. I was so tired after having to tryout for the baseball team. As I got into the bus, I sat down by my friend Kellin.

"So you used to skateboard?" he asked.

"Yea, I used to. But I quit around freshman year. I guess it just wasn't my thing. Gotta focus on my sports."

"Yea I heard you played baseball now?"

"Yea I tried out for the team today."

"Oh cool."

Finally it was my stop, I got off the bus and walked to my house. As I got inside I walked into my kitchen to find something to eat. Unsatisfied I go to my room, jump on my bed and look up. I think about everything. How I could or couldn't make the team, how I didn't talk to her, and how much I would be made fun of if I do make the team. Sooner or later, I get drowsy and sleep takes me over like a drug, and I pass out.

~Light's pov~

As the bell rang for athletics to be dismissed, I think about this guy I like. I don't know whether I want to go out with him or not. He's pretty cute and has a decent name, Beau. But he does seem more of a player than anything. Even though he's one of the sweetest guys i know. He likes to mess with me in 3rd period and it's really cute. Hearing someone call my name i look up.

"Hey guuuh! Whatcha doing later?" My bestest friend ever, Madelynn (Maddie) Bostwick, yells at me from across the school.

I laugh, "Nothing much. Why what's up?" I said as walked up to her.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come to my house, duh!"

"Oh yeah, course when?" I asked as we walked to her car. "Tonight!!"

"Oh cool." We got into get car and sit down.

"Okay, come on let's get ready then!"

With that she drives off towards my house. I look out the window at the trees and road. I get so easily consumed in the smallest things. Bruno Mars's "Treasure" is on and soon I realise the familiar driveway of my house. We get out and Maddie is singing Treasure to herself. I laugh and sing with her.

"Pretty girl, pretty girl, pretty girl you could be smiling!" We unlock my door and get inside laughing at each other. She puts the keys on the kitchen counter and grabs the grapes from my fridge with Dr. Pepper.

"Nice combination, retard!" I yell from the living room.

"You know you be jealous, guuh!"

"LOL okay! So who's all coming over to your house?"

"Just you and Tori." She said as she came and sat down on the other couch. "Ohhh, okay. Cool. Hey guess what!"

"Hmmm?"

I turn on the tv to The Hangover part II, and half joke, "Guess who I like."

"Haha I don't know, Ronnie Radke? "

"Eww, what the heck!? Ha no! Beau Bokan. And I'm pretty sure he likes me back" I said as I winked at her.

"Oooooh! Get you some!"

"Oh my gosh, you're freaking weird!!"

"Haha okaaay Mrs. Bokan!" I laugh then leave the room to take a quick shower.

Once I got out I changed into some white shorts and orange V-neck. I walked back into the living room just to see Maddie passed out on the couch and grapes everywhere.

"Maddie! What the heck happened here?"

"Haha I don't remember. Hmm you be looking cute. Where you going?"

"To you're house dipshit? Are you on something?"

"I'm high on that life yo!"

"Hah, okaaay. Have fun with that! Now come on let's go."

She gets off the couch to pick up the grapes and throws the Dr. Pepper in the trash. We head out the front door to her car and she drives to her house. I've been tired all day so all I do is pass out on the couch. Next thing I remember was being woken up because someone pushed me off the bed. All I did was pass out again.

~Beau's pov~

Monday comes around and all I can think of is, I can't wait for 7th period. After the bell rings for 6th period to end, I rush out of class to the locker room. Looking at the crowd of people around the window, my heart paces. People who made it shout look pleased. As I get closer my smile fades because I know I don't make it. Looking at the list, I see my name Beau Bokan under Silver. I smile and just laugh. I can't believe I seriously got on it.

"Shit dude! I actually made it!" I half whispered to Matty.

"Ehhh! You deserve this dude."

"Thanks. Glad to hear it from you." I walked over to Andy and Vic to see they made it.

"Can't wait for practice. Just the feeling of playing again makes me feel better." I told them both.

"Hey we can't wait to fucking play with you, big shot. Didn't really expect myself to make it this year. Especially with that dick sucker." Kellin said half laughing.

"Oh so you're talking about Chandler?" I asked.

"Yea man who else has the biggest ego here!" Vic replied.

"Oh yea I know what you mean. Well whatever, he's all talk."

"Yea I bet he won't do shit."

"Boys, men, whatever you classify yourselfs as, come here!" Interrupting our conversation, we all go towards Coach Hollins.

"I just want to say to everyone that made it, this is going to be a great season. And those who didn't, don't give up guys. If I could, I'd let you all be on it. But as a high school coach, I don't think the shitty billboards gonna let me." Some guys stay serious, but most are laughing. After a few seconds we foucus back to what he has to say next.

"Just remember we're a team and I'm proud to know and coach each and everyone of you. Just remember if anyone gets it to the big shot, your old high school coach will always have time to go to a free game. If you know what I mean?" He starts to laugh heartily and I smile at his gay humor.

"Well come on guys get back to practicing! We have to make this season count. As far as I know, this is the last season for most of you. I'm glad I can coach such great kids."

________________________

Comment!

Share!

Vote!

It means a lot!! (: