Chapter 6

"So, what's the real reason for you missing yesterday?" Sam asked, looking up from his lunch expectantly. Dean glanced down at the bench they were sitting at, ignoring the chatter of other college students as they passed over the campus sidewalk.

"I was drunk." Dean replied, taking a bite of the cheap fast food he had bought before he met up with Sam.

"Rough session?" Sam asked, leaning back and looking at the sky. Dean only pressed his lips together in a thin line.

"A bit. Hill pushed too hard again." Dean replied hesitantly, rubbing the back of his neck with a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry, Dean. I really am." Sam replied, his own frown permeating his face.

"It's nothing, Sammy. I'm fine." Dean reassured, falling silent as he continued eating. He could feel Sam's stare and carefully avoided it, focusing on the bland food in his lap.

"What else happened?" Sam asked suspiciously, making Dean wince at his inability to his anything from his brother.

He put away his food, not really feeling hungry anymore. "I had an episode." Dean mumbled, his voice soft as he glanced at his brother almost guiltily.

Sam's eyes softened with realization and he pulled Dean into a one-armed hug with a soft sigh. "Did you get home alright, at least?" Sam asked, finally pulling away with concern in his eyes.

"No, Cas took me to his house for the night." Dean replied reassuringly, running his palms over his denim-covered thighs at the thought.

"Cas took you to his house?" Sam repeated, arching one eyebrow at Dean. "Did anything happen while you were there?"

Dean rolled his eyes as the mood turned into a lighter topic, shoving his brother with a good-natured groan. "Get you head out of the damn gutter, Sammy." Dean replied, shaking his head in his amusement. "No, nothing happened. We talked and ate breakfast and then I went home."

"If you're sure." Sam replied, his tone making it clear he didn't believe a word Dean said. "But even nothing happened, I think something should."

Dean furrowed his brows, staring at his brother. "What do you mean?" Dean asked, though he didn't get an answer as Sam bundled up his garbage before standing.

"Sorry Dean, we'll continue this later. I have some homework I need to finish before my next class." Sam replied, giving Dean a encouraging smile before walking away and leaving Dean in confusion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dean sipped on a drink as he sat in the warm bar, careful not to repeat the same mistake he had made last time. Castiel was cleaning the counter beside him, despite it being spotless, with a watchful look in his eyes.

"Cats or dogs?" Dean asked, setting the drink down on the counter and meeting Castiel's stare with a smile. They had been playing this game for about an hour now, but Dean didn't mind. He got to learn a lot about Castiel this way.