Chapter 20: Improvisation is key

Start from the beginning

"Yes, it's called the 'i don't give a shit about anything anymore so why try'"

"Just go shower already, you look like a hag."

"Thanks for the self esteem booster" Agnes mumbled under her breath,grabbing some clothes and a towel then skidded off to the bathroom.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

"Do it"

"No"

"Dude,do it now or you'll just regret not taking the chance"

"All hail mighty philosopher Bart" Agnes rolled her eyes.

"Just go now! He's leaving,go now!" Bart tried pushing Agnes but just ended up shoving her towards a rack of keychains. They all fell to the ground causing a loud bang and cling sounds.

Eyes started darting towards the scene. Agnes panicked and started picking the keychains before any of the employees come here and sue her for her clumsiness.

"Aggy?" Hunter's eyes furrowed at the sight. Although,she did look adorable.
Agnes's eyes widened and stood up quickly, not looking back started walkinf towards the exit. She could her Bart's calls and Hunter's too but ignored it.

Why does this keep happening to me? She thought to herself.

She was running so fast she already made it to the empty parking lot of the mall. She then heard heavy footsteps nearby and was about to take out the Swiss Army pocket knife she had given by her brother.

Then she felt a strong hand grip her shoulder, she yelled "HELP!"

"Sugarplum,hey it's just me. You're safe,it's just me" Hunter cooed and if you heard closely you could her Agnes whimper slightly.

Her heart beating turned rapid and she tensed ever so slightly. She roughly slapped his hand away and took out her phone,planning to call Bart and take her home. She knew she was absolutely not ready for confrontation with Hunter. This is all just pressuring her poor soul.

Hunter took her phone from her frail hand and put it in his back pocket.

Agnes glared at the extremely taller boy so it didn't much do her any justice trying to intimidate him.

"Give me back my phone" she spat whilst reaching out for her phone but Hunter swiftly dodged her.

"No, you ran out on me last time. I'm not letting that happen again" he said.
"Fine. Keep my phone, burn it for all I care,I'm gonna get a bus home." She huffed stubbornly and turned on her heel but Hunter yanked her back by the collar of her shirt.

"Stop running from me already" Hunter said in a frustrated tone.

"I'm not running, I'm just avoiding any unpleasantness that is bound to happen if I'm around your shitty self" she spat and tried to get out of the harsh grip on her collar. Key word,tried.

"Careful now" Hunter hissed at her rude remark.

"Just let me go already!" Agnes was avoiding eye contact because she knew that if she saw those grey eyes of his,she'll just melt into his arms. To her, that was unpleasant.

"Why won't you just stop being so fucking stubborn and listen to me!" He yelled, letting her collar go in irritation. Hunter was so close to just giving up on her.

Agnes was a little startled by the harsh movement but turned around to face him. He was killing her inside out. She didn't want to like him. No, she can't possibly like him.

Like is when you're blinded to see their imperfections.

She sees him. She saw how he gets pissed off a little easily. How he smirks so arrogantly. How one day, all his demons will pour out.

She's annoyed how he could be such a pain in her ass but she still wants,maybe needs him around so she could smell his cigarette, cologne and caramel popcorn addictive smell.

She snapped back into reality,thankfully before Hunter noticed she was in her own world for a while. She thought back to what Hunter said.

Listen? Stubborn? Is he fucking serious?

"Then talk!" She shouted while shoving him. Which again,doesn't do her any justice since he's a foot taller than her and stronger but she does it anyways.

"Tell" shove.

"Me" shove.

"What" shove.

"Fucking" shove.

"Happened" shove.

"If I tell you what happened, it won't make any sense. It'll probably make you even more mad" Hunter grabbed Agnes' wrists and his hands covered her small,cold ones.

"Then what would you possibly want to tell me? This is all just wasting my time" she said while attempting to pull her hands away from his.

"Please just, I need to say this before I chicken out" he hesitated and Agnes scoffed.

Hunter continued,"The whole bet was stupid alright? I realize that now but I was just an asshat back then. Along the way I just...realized that I actually liked hanging out with you." Hunter slowly let go of Agnes's hands.

"And I liked it when you blush everytime I called you a petname. I liked you crinkle your nose when you laugh and that you made me feel like I was worth a little something more." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I don't even know what I'm trying to say honestly, I'm just improvising" he laughed quietly to himself. "When you asked me out on a date, I was ecstatic. Although I did prefer to be the one to ask. Kinda shows I'm just a coward, huh?"

Agnes bit her lip,refraining the tears that threatened to spill. Her heart swelled and her stomach did those weird ass knots when you're extremely happy.

"Sugarplum," don't call me that, "call me a piece of cliche shit but I'd run through an airport, steal a cab if I have to and climb through a fire escape just to tell you how much... I am incredibly,ridiculously and pathetically in love with you" Hunter smiled softly to the flustered girl.

Just before Agnes could say anything,a loud car honk was heard behind her. She jumped slightly and turned around to the disruption. It was Bart,he was in his van and rolled down the window sticking his head out.

"Aggy! Your mom called,get in right now!" he yelled and the cars behind him started honking angrily to which he just flipped them off.

Agnes was conflicted. She didn't know how to respond to Hunter so she just ran into Bart's dirty rusty van.

Yet again, leaving Hunter heartbroken with tears brimming his eyes.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

I laughed throughout this entire chapter idk why but here ya go sluts.