The Move

That day was moving day. All of Lydia's stuff was packed up in neat little boxes. She watched as moving trucks came and moving guys came in to load everything in the trucks. Nothing was on her mind but wonder. The last time she went to Stiles' house was when she was nine. 

About an hour later she was driving behind the moving trucks to Stiles' house with her mom driving behind her. Lydia hummed along to the song playing on the radio. She thought about that one time Stiles and her shared a milkshake when they were eight.

Everyone parked by Stiles' house. He was outside looking for something. The plan was the stuff they didn't need would go into the garage and the stuff they did they would take inside. They would be staying there for about a year.

Stiles then ran up to her car. Lydia opened the door and got out. "Hi." Stiles smiled. He then scratched the back of his head. "Um sorry about your house." Stiles said nervously. Lydia smiled. "Thanks." 

"Do you want to go inside?" Stiles asked. Lydia nodded. So he led her up to his house. He opened the door for her and let her go in. "Lady's first." He smiled. 

Then he gave her a whole tour around the house. "And this is the kitchen." Stiles stated. Lydia smiled. "Nothing's changed.." Lydia said quietly. Stiles laughed. "What?" Lydia asked. "I was just thinking about that time I told you I was a chef and you made me a paper chef hat. Then I attempted to make you a bagel with cream cheese and cut my finger. 

Lydia laughed. "Yeah I rememberd you cried and I got you a band aid and made the rest of the bagel." They both laughed. "The plastic knife cut me deep okay?" Stiles said. Lydia laughed more. "You didn't even bleed." 

"I can make a bagel and cream cheese now." Stiles said getting out a bagel and cream cheese. So stiles made a bagel and cream cheese and he cut his finger again. And Lydia got him a band aid again. Lydia was hold the band aid in front of him. "Admit you can't make a bagel and cream cheese." Lydia stated.

"Cruel." Stiles laughed. "Come on." Lydia said wiggling the band aid in front of him. "Only if you kiss my finger." Stiles whinded. "Stiles your not five years old I will not kiss your finger." Lydia stated. Stiles turned his head to the left. He looked her in the eyes.

His eyes were filled with joy.

He wiggled his finger in front of her. "Please?" He pouted. So Lydia grabbed his finger and pinched it really hard. "Ow ow Lydia! What did you do sharpen your nails or something my god.." Stiles rubbed his finger. Lydia laughed. 

Their parents walked in. "Stiles are you making a bagel and cream cheese again?" Stiles' dad asked. Stiles looked at the bagel and back at his finger. "Yes." He smiled. Lydia laughed. Everyone laughed.

So everyone then went on with there own thing un packing. Lydia and Stiles took a break in the middle of unpacking.

. "I still want a kiss." Stiles said while his game system was hooking up and Lydia was on the couch. "Not today." Lydia said. Stiles was teaching Lydia how to play on his game console. "Hmmph fine." 

The game was in and it had started so Stiles explained. "Okay so the guys in red are the bad guys. The guys in blue are good guys. You shoot with right trigger. You zoom in with left trigger. And you move with the arrows. That's all you need to know." Lydia nodded. They went over it one more time.

Scott had joined the game when he saw Stiles online. Scott wasn't on their team though.

They had been playing for about a half hour. They were on the same team. Their team was down by 2 points. There was 30 seconds left on the clock. Stiles was flying a helicopter and Lydia was riding in the back of it. "I'm jumping." Lydia said as her character jumped out of the helicopter. Lydia shot 2 guys with her pistol that was sniping on the building.

Lydia pulled the cord and was floating lightly down to ground. She landed right on top of someone. "Oh shit you killed Scott!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Is that good?" Lydia asked. "Yes we won!" Stiles yelled. "Woo hoo!" They both said at the same time. Scott was whining through the mic. "Too bad so sad Scott." Stiles laughed into the mic. Stiles and Lydia high fived eachother. Stiles smiled. 

"You know I didn't think you would be into video games." Stiles said with a tilt of his head and a smile. Lydia pushed him slightly with her elbow. "Are you kidding? I fell on Scott and won the game like has that even been done before?" Lydia was smiling. 

It was the type of smile that satisfied Stiles. He liked to see her smiling so much. "You want to take a break?" Stiles asked. Lydia shrugged. "So if you like video games do you like Star Wars?" (I do not own Star Wars either.) Stiles asked. "I uh never saw it." 

Stiles mouth dropped. "We're. watching. It." 

Scott could be heard now. "Come on rematch." Scott said hoping to win next round. Stiles picked up the mic. "Lydia has never seen Star Wars." Stiles simply said into the mic. "I understand." Scott said. Scott logged off. 

Stiles changed it to DVD. He took out the first movie. "Your life starts here." Stiles stated.

They fell asleep with an empty bowl of popcorn on the ground. Ten soda bottles on the table. A random TV show was playing. The last Star Wars movie was still in the DVD machine. They had watched the whole series. They were covered by a big blanket. Stiles arm was around Lydia and Lydia was cuddling into his chest.