13 - A fearful Revelation

Start from the beginning

I sighed, "Leave him alone Zach."

He turned at the sound of my voice, then straightened up, leering at me as his idiots stood on either side of him. The grade nine shot me a thankful look and ran off.

"Well, if it isn't Sam Thomas, the big hero on campus," Zach sneered, folding his arms across his chest.

Colin and Rick snickered, but shut up when I glared at them.

"Heard you were a favourite this year for the homecoming game." he continued, "Personally, I think coach favours you too much. He needs to put those of us who can actually hit on more."

"Oh please," I scoffed, "you couldn't make a good hit if the other team were of a bunch of three year olds. Besides I, unlike you, have more talent than a brick."

"Fuck you Thomas," Zach said, flipping me off, "You think you're so great, walking around the school with your boyfriend Ethan Taylor and that tramp Tracy Wyatt like you own the place."

I snarled at him and Justin grabbed my arm, holding me back.

"Fuck off Zach," he muttered through gritted teeth.

"Piss off faggot, this isn't your fight." Zach growled at him.

I made to run at him, but was stopped when Justin stepped in front of me, keeping me at bay.

He turned back to the other three, bristling, "I said fuck off. Or are you too stupid to understand such complicated concepts?"

Zach's eyes glistened as he swung his fist around, catching Justin in the jaw. His head whipped to the side and he crumpled, spitting out blood.

I looked at him in shock for a millisecond, then snapped my head around to see Zach's smug look.

"You really shouldn't have done that." I spat, then I lunged at him.

I started punching every part of him I could reach, not paying attention to the few hits he got in. I was vaguely aware of the crowd we were drawing, but it didn't register with me. I was blind with fury and all I could think of was hurting the bastard that hit Justin.

"Don't. You. Ever. Hurt. Him." I yelled, marking every word with a blow.

When I was finally pulled off of him, he scrambled up, wiping the blood off of his lip.

"You're going to regret this Thomas," he promised, "I know."

I paled at his last two words, watching as he whipped around and walked off.

Then I crawled over to Justin.

"Are you okay?" I asked him in concern.

He nodded and smiled, "Thanks."

I gave him a hard look, "Of course."

                                  «»  

"Sorry," I said as Justin winced and hissed through his teeth.

We were sitting on the couch in the pack house, and I was trying to get ice on his jaw, where he had a nasty bruise and swelling.

"No, it's okay," he assured me.

I pressed the ice to his jaw again and he flinched, but then relaxed, sighing.

My eyes flicked over the bruise on his beautiful face and I shook my head.

"What's wrong?" Justin was giving me a puzzled look.

"I'm so sorry Justin," I said, "it's all my fault."

"Sam, look at me," Justin put a hand on the side of my face, running his thumb gently over my cheek.

I leaned my head into his touch, and brought my green eyes up to meet his blue ones.

"It was not your fault," he said, "You can't beat yourself up over something you can't control."

"It just ... hurts so much to see you in pain," I confessed.

"But look Sam, I'm right here and I'm fine," he promised.

I brought our foreheads together, "You're mine, and I will always protect you. Don't you forget it," I said, kissing his brow gently, "I love you."

"I love you too Sam," he said.

I was about to kiss him, when a sudden scream and pounding on the front door caused us to jump up.

I ran to the door and opened it, only to have someone fall into the foyer.

She looked up and I recognized her, "Katie?!"

                                   «»  

A/N 

Ok, again super sorry for spacing, stupid technology. I'm too lazy to go through it all and fix it right now XD. Anyway, what did you think? As usual, commentors get a shoutout :D So ... 

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN 

Bye for now :)