They got out the car and walked up to the door.

"You ready?" Ashley said, grabbing hold of Spencer's hand.

"As I'll ever be." Spencer flashed a smile as they entered the home. Immediately Spencer felt weird, cold, something she'd never felt before. Ashley noticed.

"Maybe this was a bad idea," But before Ashley could get Spencer out her family appeared.

"Spencer, so nice to finally meet you, Raife, and this is my wife Christine." Ashley's father said extending out his hand.

"You too, Mr. and Mrs. Davies." Spencer said a little shy.

"Well dinner is not quite ready yet so you and Ashley can go wash up and dinner will be ready shortly.

"Okay, thank you." Spencer smiled.

Ashley shook her head, grabbed Spencer's hand, leading her up stairs and to her bedroom.

"Whoa, awesome room." Spencer said immediately as they entered. "Wait, Ash where's your bed?" Spencer looked around confused.

"I don't have one." Ashley stated blankly. She was ready to tell the truth. No more lies.

"Why not?" Spencer asked. "Where do you sleep then?" She asked curiously.

"I don't." Ashley stated, again with no emotion.

Spencer stopped, everything hitting her and making sense. "Ashley, what do you mean you don't sleep? Everyone sleeps. You have to in order to function properly. The only people I can think of that don't sleep are zombies and vampires and I know you're not eit..." Spencer trailed off, her sentence cutting short. In that moment she knew. She knew everything.

She started backing up slowly towards the door. Shaking her head at Ashley.

"Spencer, wait please... I can..."

"Oh my God! It all makes sense now. The secrets, the never wanting to go out in the sun, the reason you hate the sight of blood so much, just everything!" Spencer said cutting Ashley off.

"Spencer, I can explain please, just let me explain." Ashley begged.

"What are you going to say Ashley? That you're a vampire and you suck people's blood." Spencer stopped, realizing what she was saying. "This is unreal. It can not be happening! I'm dreaming. This is a dream, no, a nightmare that I'm going to wake up from any minute now." Spencer sat down on the floor. "Ashley?" She said, more as a question than a statement. Searching for something, anything,

"Spencer, I..." Ashley started, unsure of what to say really. She knew Spencer would be shocked but she didn't want to lose her over it. She bent down so she was now face to face with Spencer. It was now or never. She took a deep breath and just said it. "Spencer, I... I am a vampire. My whole family are vampires." Ashley said finally.

"But you're 17. You're just a.. you..." Spencer searched for words but couldn't find any.

"Actually, I've been 17 for like three decades now." Ashley joked trying to lighten the mood.

Spencer wasn't amused.

"Ashley what do you expect me to say?"

"I don't expect you to say anything. I just hoped things wouldn't have to change between us. Ashley said, hoping Spencer would feel the same.

"I don't know Ashley. I just... this is all too much." Spencer admitted.

"I get it, totally, I'm sorry for even bringing you here. I should get you home." Ashley said standing up and walking towards the door. Spencer grabs her hand pulling her back. She looks up from the floor and ask

"What does it feel like? You know, being dead? I mean, that's not what I meant. That's a dumb question, it wouldn't feel like anything cause you re dead, what I mean is..." Ashley giggled, putting a finger to Spencer's lips. The girl knew how to ramble.

"It's like, being in a dream, one that you can't wake up from. Having super speed, strength and senses. Almost like a super hero." Ashley said.

"Do you kill people?" Ashley knew the question was coming. It was inevitable that Spencer would ask it, she just wasn't sure if she was ready to answer it or not.

"Spencer I..." She trailed off searching Spencer's eyes for what she was feeling at that moment. Ashley could also read minds, but not Spencer's for some reason, and it drove her crazy. She couldn't read her, but she said no more lies so she told the truth. "I did, I have." Spencer winced. ""But I don't anymore. And I haven't for a very long time." Spencer let out a sigh of relief.

"So if you don't kill people, what do you eat?" Spencer asked genuinely interested.

"Animals. My family and I only drink the blood of animals." Ashley said with a bit of pride. Although it was hard, they'd done it. Only a few vampires have ever been able to survive on animal blood. "You make it extremely hard though. It gets more and more difficult everyday to control myself around you. You're so intoxicating. You're like my own personal drug. I'm addicted to you." Ashley admitted. Spencer wasn't really sure what to say.

There was silence.

"Well I guess we should be getting downstairs, I have to let everyone know that you know now." Ashley said getting up once again to leave.

"You could you know." Spencer said quietly, almost in a whisper.

Ashley heard it though.

She thought for a second, realizing what Spencer was saying. "I could never. I couldn't do that to you. I wouldn't do that." Ashley said stopping in the doorway.

"Why not? What if I wanted you to?" Spencer couldn't help but wonder what it would be like, what it would feel like.

"Spencer, you don't know what you're saying." Ashley was now back in the room knelling down in front of Spencer.

"I do." Spencer said sharply.

"Spence..."

"Ashley, I want you to." Spencer said cutting Ashley off. "Will you do it for me please." Spencer almost sounded as though she needed it.

"Spencer, I don't know if i would be able to stop myself. Its been so long." Ashley admitted moving closer to Spencer. She knew it was dangerous, but Spencer was just so damn enticing.

"You'll stop. I know you. You can do it." Spencer said looking up letting her ocean blue eyes meet Ashley's now black ones.

"Spencer." Ashley breathed out, She wanted to so badly. She'd wanted to since the first day they met.

"Its okay Ashley. I want you to." Spencer said, moving closer to Ashley so that her neck was only inches away from Ashley's lips.

"I don't want to hurt you." Ashley said closing the space between them. Spencer could feel Ashley's cold breath on her neck.

"You won't." Spencer said simply.

At that moment Ashley gave in. Sinking her teeth into Spencer's neck and sucking. Spencer winced from the pain but then laid back, Ashley laying on top of her, never releasing Spencer's neck. She sucked and sucked, enjoying Spencer's sweetness.

She wasn't sure if she'd be able to stop but Spencer didn't seem to care.

She began moaning, enjoying the pain soon turning into pleasure.

Ashley knew that she should stop and somehow willed herself away but Spencer grabbed her and pushed her teeth back into her neck.

Now Spencer was addicted.