Old Yeller

The book Old Yeller by Fred Gipson is about a family who accepts a poor old dog as an addition to the family. The main character, Travis finds out that a dog named Old Yeller was great help. Whether it's hunting or retrieving , Old Yeller could do just about anything. Travis and his family end up in great trouble throughout the book. Old Yeller fought off a she bear that tried to attack Travis's little brother, Arliss. He ran of wolves and Bulls and saved Travis from wild hogs that almost killed him!

Old Yeller contains many choices and consequences. One choice Travis made was trying to mark his hogs to show they were his property. Travis's consequence was served as receiving cuts and tears around his body. That made him no help to his family until he healed

A second choice he made was having to end his companionship with Old Yeller because he was too injured and ill to even move.

Theme is defined as the message or lesson that the author wants the reader to learn. The theme of Old Yeller is that all good things come to an end.

This is the theme because sadly, everyone and everything will die. Just like how Travis had to put down Old Yeller. That impacted Travis in such a way it was as if he never had Old Yeller in the first place.

It also effected Travis because Old Yeller was very helpful and always by Travis's side, so he had to do his tasks by himself from now on.

I'm surprised Travis recovered from Old Yeller's  death. I wouldn't be able to hold it in as well as he did.