the one with harry's cousin

"I'm curious in my sadness,
I'm curious in my joy."

I RUBBED MY EYES sleepily as I reached the Great Hall the next morning. The ceiling overhead was still cloudy. Fred, George and Lee were huddled in a side discussing ways to magically age them up.

I sat beside Ron and grabbed a glass of water. I hated pumpkin juice more than anything. I filled my plate with bacon and eggs as Ron scanned the timetable.

"Today's not bad. . . Outside all morning. Herbology with Hufflepuffs. Care of Magical Creatures. . . damn it, we're still with the Slytherins."

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned.

"You should have given it up like me, shouldn't you?" said Hermione briskly, buttering herself some toast. "Then you'd be doing something sensible like Arithmancy."

"You're eating again, I notice," said Ron, watching Hermione adding liberal amounts of jam to her toast too.

"I've decided there are better ways of making a stand about elf rights," said Hermione haughtily.

"Yeah . . . and you were hungry," said Ron, grinning.

I thought this could be the ideal time to reveal our relation to harry. It took me quite a lot of thinking to come across this idea. He had to know anyway. Both of us are orphans because of the same megalomaniac. Both of us are pretty much fucked in this whirlwind of prophecies. It's only fitting that we're related. I still didn't know how to act around him if we suddenly came about the idea of us being cousins. But he had to know.

I was just about to make some small talk when I heard a banter.

I turned towards the staircases and saw a small Hufflepuff, first year apparently, crying as she walked down with a senior Hufflepuff. It was Cedric Diggory.

I got out of my seat and went to the kid.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked her as she sniffled up at me.

"She got bullied. But she's not telling me who," Cedric said to me. He's so handsome. I shook my head clear of the thoughts as I crouched down to her level.

"What's your name?" I asked softly.

She sniffled, "Eleanor Branstone."

I nodded. "I'm Skylar Firegold." I put forth my hand. She grabbed my hand with her tiny fingers and shook it.

"Now will you tell me who hurt you so I can change their head into a pumpkin?" I asked grinning. She looked worried before she pointed at the Slytherin table.

Please don't be Malfoy.

"Theodore Nott!" Cedric said through gritted teeth.

He stomped over to the table but I knew Ced won't be able to do much good.

I walked up drawing out my wand.

"Hey, badger!" Theo laughed at Cedric who was too good to do anything but talk it through.

"Hey, snake! Lion's in the town, get ready!" I said holding my wand up. Theo got up.

"What you're gonna do, yeah? Goody two shoes Gryffindor!" he snarled.

"Are you challenging my talents, Theo?" I asked. He rolled his eyes, drawing out his wand.

"Stupefy."

"Protego!" I casted waving my wand in a large arc. His spell ricocheted back to him as he managed to dodge it.

"One step ahead of you, Nott," I grinned. Cedric looked a bit startled.