Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty Eight

Lexi's P.O.V.

Liam came back into the room with Mark.

"Mark!" I squealed, throwing my arms around his neck as he came to the hospital bed.

"Hey little dove. You sound chipper this morning." Mark answered with a smile. I rolled my eyes.

"If you've been in a bed all day and have enough energy to rival an electric plant, you'd be the same." I said, laughing. Mark snorted.

"Sorry to disappoint, but that made no since." he said. I looked over at Liam. He was acting strangely, he hadn't said one word to me since he left the room. I patted the bed on either side of me. They both sat down.

"Liam?" I asked. "What's wrong?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "I don't know how to say this-"

"But he loooves youuu..." Amrk interupted, drawling out the vowels. I slapped him on the arm.

"Mark! Manners!" I said, laughing. A serious expression came over his face.

"Lexi. Joey won't give up trying to und you. He's convinced you're the only one who knows where his precious treasure is." Mark said softly.

"What is he looking for anyway?" I asked curiously.

Mark shrugged. "I have no clue. Joey never told us anything outside of what we needed to know to complete a mission. He was pretty secretive about his personal life and such. For all I know, it could be a pink lamborgini."

I smiled at that mental picture. "So we're going to have to look for a pink lamborgini."

"What?" both of them said in unison.

"We're going to look for this treasure of his." I said confidentally. Mark's jaw dropped.

"You're purposely putting yourself in more danger to find out what Joey's looking for? He's already out to find you. What happens if we do find it? What then? What will keep him from shooting you on the spot?" he said loudly. Liam smacked him on the back of the head.

"But seriously Lexi. Why do you want to find this so much. We don't even know what we're looking for." Liam said in a low voice. I sighed.

"Maybe it'll help me find answers. I mean Clayton was apparently so much more than I thought he was. No matter how much I might hate it, I want to find everything about his past. Every dirty detail." I said with a weak smile. Liam looked me deep in the eyes, as if wondering what he should say. Mark stood up angrily and left the room, slamming the door. I closed my eyes and a tear slipped down my cheek. A soft hand wiped it away.

"Lexi..." Liam said comfortingly, pulling me to his chest.

"He doesn't understand." I said, starting to sob. "This is all I have left of him."

I felt Liam tense at those words but ignored it. Liam looked at me, as if seriously comtemplating going through with my plan.

"Please?" I asked. I'm sure I looked like a wreck, being shot does that to a girl. He gave a small sigh.

"I guess we're looking for that pink lamborgini."