Chapter 1: Different Lives

If anyone is wondering this is a love story! This is also the first story that I'm going to share with people so lets see how it goes. oh and my co-writer is my friend Anna Gold (ElianaFirestar)!

************************************************

Angels POV

The bright sun peeked through a small window. I approached my fathers office for the second time this week. We were both growing impatient and a decision had to be made soon. I walked unhurried through the halls. The castle walls glowed with power and purity as usual. But I will never fully be used to the purity of heavens castle.

Ever since I was born my father and I usually shared the same views, but there was one subject lately that both of us disagreed on. My 100th birthday was in a month and I still hadn't begun training. My father was the archangel, and was very overprotective of me since my mother died in a demon attack. So without training I was vulnerable, but he was too stubborn to see that.

A few angels wandered through the halls focused on their tasks. Although a few of the younger angels snuck lustful glances at me. I wanted to save myself for my soul mate, but I saw flirting as generally harmless. Some of the older angels nodded in my direction to acknowledge me but no words were spoken.

At last I reached the office. I paused a moment at the entrance and mentally prepared myself, I needed to be reasonable enough to create a good argument. I took a deep breath and knocked on one of the incredibly large doors, they were wood, but were studded with enchanted stones. The patters on the doors were complex and beautiful, I had always loved them.

"Enter" my father called. I opened the door, and carefully closed it behind me.

My fathers desk sat in the middle of the room. Bookcases enveloped the walls, and a single large gold and silver woven carpet covered most of the floor. But some of the more valued and coveted objects were held in secret in secret passages and other places. The castle contained many secrets, and when I ws younger I had made It my mission to discover every secret the castle held.

"Angel" my father said surprised. He looked down again and his expression changed from boredom to faint irritation. "I'm busy." He said shortly, so he obviously knew what I had come to talk about. Good I thought, that make things easier for me.

I looked him straight in the eyes "This will only take a moment."

He muttered reluctantly, "If you insist..." and gave me an option to back out.

"I insist."

He leaned back in his chair and motioned for me to continue. So I did. I stood with my arms crossed and my feet apart. My father always said that when I did that I looked like my mother, it made me proud.

"Father it's not fair for me to be stuck in the castle all day, everyday! I at least want to go on a patrol, or go training. I am not glass. And I have a duty to heaven."

"I know but it's not safe for you to go. As the princess and heir of my legacy-" "you are to stay safe in the castle" I finished, my arms crossed over my chest and my sky blue eyes flashed angrily. It was the same argument.

I continued to press the subject. "Father you say the same things every time I come to the office. All I am asking is that I at least learn how to defend myself. There are often demon attacks, and I don't want to get killed."

My father weighed his options and I waited a few minutes until he decided. He sighed.

"Fine I will arrange training for you. By morning details will be sorted out, but no patrolling" I smiled almost jumping up and down with happiness as I thanked him. I left the office and continued to my room.

Tomorrow could not come fast enough.

Damien's POV

Hell. That word described everything. Where do I live? Hell. How's my life? Hell (as you can probably tell I'm having a bad day). I sighed as I stared over the dead hills and active volcanoes in the distance.

The only perks to being the devils son was: 1. I am less likely to get killed. 2. I have more say in what happens.

But overall my life was simple. Father was off working on a new project to destroy God's kingdom (as usual). My brother was... well somewhere.That no one knew about, also as usual.

I was walking to training. It was almost my 100th birthday, demons (like angels) age slowly so time means little after your 100th birthday. Since we age slowly almost no one lots a day older then 18, the oldest was 30. Why is a demons 100th birthday important? Well it is because on your 100th birthday is when you get your assignment, well for me I get to take over hell.

The assignment varies depending on your fathers and your personal strength, each demon is different. The council gave each demon their assignment.

My 100th birthday probably had something to do with what my father was planning.... But what?

I thought about it more as I continued down the path to the training grounds.

• • •

After the usual training I continued to my fathers office. He wanted to discuss something with me, He said that its important.

The office door was closed as I approached. I opened it slowly. And stepped inside. My father stood at his desk. Waiting for me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

What do you think of the story? Like it? Hate it?

Let me know please!!!