Chapter 4.5: Days of Waiting

(This'll be a filler chapter until I come up with a Chapter 5. Basically Touka having to deal with the reader's condition before she can visit. Enjoy. x.x)

For the next few days, Touka wouldn't show up to Kamii. She refused to push the thoughts away.

On the other hand, she's been given a break at Anteiku until you recover, thus things have been overall depressing without Touka's coffee: the same coffee you drank when you first met her.

It was hell for her.

There were days, however, when she did come out, but only to eat, restroom breaks, or visiting with either Hinami or Yoriko. She mainly helped Hinami with reading and mostly had Yoriko pulling her through.

The rest of Antieku did there best to help the sorrowful ghoul cheer up. Enji would tell his Devil Ape tales, Irimi would occasionally "flirt" with Enji to tease him around and have him blushing as red as said Devil Ape, and Yoshimura would talk with her, almost as if counciling her, to try and see the bright side of things, such as you actually being alive and such.

Sadly, next to none of the encouragement and jokes helped. She was still held up in her room, drawing, listening to music, and mostly crying out for you. Touka-chan was missing you so much.

She yearned for you, hoping each day you'd come as a surprise or something. Again, her attempts failed.

Meanwhile, the days went by for you, hospital food and any notes or work you had in your classes delivered by a local classmate name Akari Shitzumo.

He seemed nice, always greeting you with a Hello and the hospital's lunch, obviously with the nurse nearby in case something happens.

You always gave him a weary smile and talked with him for a few minutes, albeit a little longer each day as you recovered oxygen into your lungs.

You were beaten and battered to all hell, and worried sick over Touka. One day, the nurse was cleaning your dormant room, when you spoke to her.

"D-Do you think.. Touka-chan.. Will be ok without me by her side..?" She looks to you. "The violet haired girl? I'd hope so.. She seems to care a lot about you."

You smile. "Yeah.. She does. I love her so much.. and I'm sure we share a mutual feeling between each other." She smiles back, bowing to you.

"It's just a few more days, (Reader's name). Then you both can rest assured of your safety. Rest well."

She walked out and you reached your hand out to your phone, grabbing it with a hard grip.
You sent her a text, read as so:

(Reader's Name): Hey Touka-chan. I just wanted to say that I love you so much, and I miss you and your charm and even your coffee. This hospital crap isn't anywhere near the quality of your latté. Nurse says it's only a few more days. I'm sorry to keep you worrying sick, and I hope everyone at Anteiku's giving good care for you. They treat you like family, as if you're of their own blood, and thus I trust them with my heart, surprisingly beating, I mean I look like crap! ;) Anyway.. I love you. I'll see you in a few days, Touka-chan. Miss you. <3

You were able to hit send, and then fell asleep with the phone in your hand, the dark cold night engulfing Tokyo.

//Author's Note\\
Gah I need to write longer stuff! :1 Buuuut it IS a filler chapter until I get some ideas the next few days. Finals are this week, and I need to be prepped. Also, 130+ reads?! Damn, I'm surprised no one but one has followed me😂 Anyway, speaking of followers, I'd love love love for that number to rise, as well as the Voting Star thingy. It'd make my days happier and the chapters probably less depressing. Love you guys, and remember: Everyone can ship with Everyone, as long as you have a condom to back it up. xD I swear, this story'll need a mature rating later on. See ya!