Chapter 4: Scars and Battles

You and Touka-chan, as the days passed by, became closer and closer. Kissing, talking, kissing, going to Anteiku to visit, and did you pass of the thought of kissing and talking?

Yeah, that happened a lot with you two lovebirds. But she had a secret. Something she hadn't told you.

You would always see her at the Cafeteria, as she would eat very little, and cringe when she did. And you'd always ask the same question:

"Touka-chan, why don't you eat much? Is the food flavourless, or is it undercooked or-"

She'd always stop you there, replying with a "It's ok (Reader's Name)-san. I'm fine, really."

She'd always give off that passingly adorable smile of hers, steal a kiss from you, and you'd both say "I love you." or any alternate saying.

And yet, you still yearned for what the secret was.  Unfortunately for both of you, it came sooner than you'd wanted...

//...Back of an Alleyway, 8:00pm...\\

"Eugh!"

You gasped for air as a man, blonde hair and goatee, scars of cuts and other 'tough guy esc.' attributes, was constantly beating you. You were bruised and coughing blood, crawling on the concrete floor for an escape from this torture. Tears fell from your eyes as you gasped for air.

But then you hear the man utter something.

"Y'know pretty boy, I'm kinda hungry. And you're the first course meal on a platter for me."

He gives a devilish smirk as the whites of his eyes erupt into a pitch black, the irises shrinking and turning red, and the veins around his eyes darkening.

You realise this man was a ghoul.

Sharp greenish-blue kagune erupt from his fingers, giving a claw like sense. He dashes forward to strike you, as you shut your eyes, getting nothing but silence but the THUMP! next to you.

A thick, crystallised red sharp gem was inside his skull. You were sacred, oh so afraid as you saw the blood coming from the man's pierced skull. You cried, but.. You decide to look up.

She was there.

"T-Touka chan?!" Touka's eyes widen, as she realises you saw everything.

She sees that she's a ghoul right in front of you. Gasping, eyes wide, Touka begins to tear up falling to her knees, her flaming kagune looking mystical and almost beautiful.

You slowly crawl to her, your limping, pain-filled body reaching over and hugging her, Touka gasping in mid-sob.

"(Reader's name), I-I.. I'm a monster.." her first words are.

"H-How could you fall in love with a monster.. Like me?!" You try and sit up, Touka seeing how much pain you're actually in.

You caress her cheek, wiping the tear from her ghoul eyes. "Touka-chan.. I love you.. I don't.. ack..! I don't care if you're a ghoul.. Hell, your eyes look so pretty.."

She's sobbing a little, a blush across her face. "B-B-But.."

"N-No buts..! Now could you.. get me to.. A hospital..? I think my ribs are broken.." You ask of her.

She nods, wiping her tears as she "exits" her ghoul state and carries your body to the nearest hospital, succeeding in getting you cared for.

Unfortunately, Touka-chan has to wait about a week without seeing you.

"P-Please let me see him.." she begs upon one of the nurses.

"I'm sorry miss.. I know you probably care a lot about him, and I understand that.. But they need to treat him.. He's in critical condition." She says to Touka, offering her a hug as she braces the woman, in tears.

You manage to speak up during the treatment. "T-Touka chan..! I'll be fine.. T-Trust me.."

You give off a worry some smile as you lay unconscious, the paramedics trying to keep you alive. Touka's heart is breaking, seeing you like this.

The nurse escorts her to Anteiku, and tells everyone of the news, Nishiki, mostly unlike himself at the moment, embraces Touka and petting her hair.

"Touka-chan. I'll visit him for you and give any words you wish to say to him, I promise. You have Anteiku to work at and Kamii."

Yoshimura nods and gives of a slight smile. "We'll make sure he's safe, Touka. I can assure you that the nurses and doctors can assist in his recovery."

She just nods through all of it and runs to her room, crying herself to sleep and snuggling a rabbit doll.

//Author's Note\\
Sorry for the short, depressing chapter guys! It's just been raining so long here and my great grandfather passed away last Wednesday, and so it just put me in a sad mood. I hope I didn't over sadden you guys :( Again, sorry for it being short as well. It's actually kinda late here, and I should be sleeping. Buuuut I wanted to sneak in a late night chapter for you guys. Hope you enjoy, and YAY IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS! :D