e i g h t

2 Weeks Later

EMILYS POV;

Today was my first day of school since the accident and I could not be more nervous.

I hadn't talked to Weston since before my stay at the hospital, and I didn't know what to expect, especially since he'd broken up with Courtney and I had developed undeniable feelings for him.

I put on a random sweatshirt, leggings, and uggs and threw my hair into a messy bun.

I inhaled a deep breath, looking in the mirror one last time, then slowly made my way out the door and to school.

At school

I walked into the building and immediately felt all eyes on me.
I went straight to my locker, then to first period.

Weston wasn't anywhere to be seen.

3 more periods flew by and before I knew it, it was already 4th period.

"Good afternoon, students. This is your principal speaking. I would like to invite everyone down to the auditorium for a brief assembly. First floor classrooms can start heading down now, and I'll see you all there. Thank you."

I followed the crowd to the auditorium and took a seat in the first row by myself because Weston was the only friend I'd made so far.

Where was he anyway?

Right as everyone had taken their seats, the principal walked out onto the stage and cleared his throat. Right as he was about to speak, however, a panicked-looking Weston ran onto the stage and grabbed the mic.

"Hi...um...sorry Mr. Stuart but this'll only take a second." He stuttered.

Mr. Stuart, the principal, slowly nodded and backed away with a confused expression on his face.

"As probably all of you know," Weston started, "my good friend Emily was put in the hospital by my ex girlfriend Courtney."

I heard a gasp and looked down the isle, only to find Courtney, ready to shut down whatever Weston was about to say about her.

"I have been lucky enough to know Emily the one day she was here, and that was all I needed to know that I'm madly in love with her."

I couldn't believe it! Weston was in love with me?!

I looked around the auditorium and saw shocked faces staring me down.

"Emily, from the moment I met you I knew you were a genuinely amazing, beautiful person, and I want you to be my girlfriend."

I stood there shocked for a moment, trying to find the words to speak.

"Yes! Yes Weston I'll be your girlfriend!"

I ran up onto the stage and hugged him tight.

There was applause and the occasional "aw" from the audience.

Finally, something good had come out of this.