t w o

EMILYS POV;

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock at 6:00 a.m the next morning.

Groaning, I got out of bed and trudged to the bathroom. After a quick shower, I put my hair in a pony tail and since I wasn't a fan of makeup, just used a simple mint EOS.

I went back to my room and put on a pink tank top with a white sweater over it, and black leggings. I put on simple moccasins, grabbed my back pack and headed out the door.

When the bus dropped me off at school, I couldn't believe it. The school was about two times the size bigger than my old one back home.

After about 10 minutes of aimlessly wandering around, I managed to find the main office and got my schedule. I walked around the hallway until I found my locker on the 2nd floor. I tried my combination at least 15 times, all with no luck.

"Hey, need any help there?" Spoke a voice from behind me.

I spun around to see a boy behind me, who looked like he was in my grade.

"Um, yeah that'd be great, thanks." I laughed awkwardly.

"Here, let me see the combo." He took the paper from me, spun the lock a few times and with a relieving click, the door swung open.

"Thank you so much!" I squealed, throwing my backpack in the locker.
"Haha anytime. So, um, what do you have first period?"

"I have math with Mrs. Hackerman."
"Well, luckily for you so do I. I'll walk you"

"That'd be great, thanks." I said while smiling. I didn't know what it was, but something about him was really...unique and special, not like other boys I'd met.

On the way to math, he gave me a brief tour around the school. Just then, a bleach-blonde cheerleader came bouncing out of seemingly nowhere.

"Hey Weston!" She said in a fake voice.
"Hey Courtney, this is, uh, actually I didn't catch your name." He said, looking at me.

"I'm...a...I'm..."

"Any day now!" The girl snapped.

"Sorry...I'm Emily."

"I'm Weston." He said, trying to break the awkward silence.

"Yeah, I um, sort of figured that one out." I replied.

"Well, Courtney, Emily and I really should be getting to math but ill see you later." Weston said, starting to walk away.

"Oh, Weston. Don't be silly! Let me introduce what's-her-name to all my besties!" Courtney said, grabbing my hand and pulling me away from Weston.

As soon as he had started to walk away and we were out of his earshot, Courtney pulled me into the girls bathroom with her.

After checking under all the stalls to make sure we were alone, she looked me dead in the eye, and the fake smile that seemed plastered to her face disappeared.

"You listen here and you listen good." She started, "Weston is my boyfriend, and will always be my boyfriend. Now, I'm going to say this once and only once, so listen closely." She bent in until her lips were only centimeters away from my ear.

"Back off."

And with that, she walked off.