the one with the pensieve

"Who would believe the
fantastic and terrible
story of her survival?"

I STARED DOWN at the sink. The fluid in it was neither liquid not gaseous. It was a pool of memories, glittering and shimmering.

Dumbledore appeared with a long phial and poured the white fluid in the sink. He motioned me to have a look.

I dipped my head forward and whirled into the memory. I landed softly in what appeared to be a garden. Dumbledore appeared beside me.

A woman, about seventy-five, appeared in the front gate with a man right beside her. They had two babies in the perambulator in front of them. One was a boy, the other was a girl. Both of them were about a few months.

I took a few steps closer since they can't see me. Once I was right in front of them, I could make out their features.

The kids were twins. The Girl had browner eyes than the boy, whose eyes were more hazel. They looked a lot alike except for the little heart shaped birth mark on the girl's neck.

The woman wore a blood red robe and a satin finish hat. The man wore a maroon robe with dress suit. They were magical folks, no question.

"Fleamont and Euphemia Potter," Dumbledore said to me as the disappeared into the big house.

The scene shifted and suddenly I was inside the house. It was like a living room. Euphemia was baking something in the kitchen because there was a faint smell of cookies. Fleamont was in the living room, reading the Daily Prophet.

"Daddy, daddy! James is annoying me!" a little girl's voice was heard. Then a girl, about five, appeared in the room and jumped to her father. Fleamont laughed as he kissed the girl's forehead.

"Why don't you annoy him back, Meredith?" he said. I sucked in a breath. Meredith. My mother.

The small girl paused for a moment before smiling wickedly. She nodded and then ran out of the room. A panicked scream was heard and James ran in, his robes on fire.

Fleamont gasped and waved his wand, putting out the fire and James started to cry.

"Meredith!" Euphemia scolded the little girl in pink. "You are not allowed to use your powers!"

"Daddy told me to annoy him back!" Meredith smugly replied.

"No, Meredith. You will not use your powers no matter what!" Euphemia shouted at the girl. Tears filled the rim of her eyes as the girl quickly wiped them away.

She turned to her heels and ran to the interiors of the house. I wanted to follow her but Dumbledore stopped me. The scene shifted again and this time I was in the girl's room.

It was mint green and had posters of Quidditch players. Piles and Piles of books filled every inch. The bed was queen sized and perfectly made. The girl, now about ten, sat on the bed flicking through the pages of a book and writing down things on a parchment.

She had blackish brown hair, hazel eyes and a determined look. Her hair was tied back in a neat ponytail. She sat up straight and looked over to the stacks of books. She looked at a particular book, eyes focusing on it and then the book came flying out of the stack, into her hands. She smirked to herself going back to her work.

"The ability to control things with mind," Dumbledore said beside me. "The second most rare and powerful charm, next to necromancy. Your mother possessed it."

I looked at her as she did whatever she was doing, her expression adamant and determined.

Then the scene shifted and now we were in platform 9 3/4. Fleamont and Euphemia were kissing their kids goodbye. The twins waved and got on the train.