CH:1 ~~BARRY~~

~~This is my personal story for the Flash series; In this story Iris doesn't know Barry is Flash right now but she will learn the truth later in the series.~~ 

I sped into S.T.A.R. Labs with my super speed after receiving an urgent phone call from Cisco and Caitlin about a shark like creature attacking Central City. At first I wouldn't have believed them but with everything that has happened this past year I wouldn't put it past anything involving Dark Matter. The Particle Accelerator that was supposed to help the world exploded a year ago releasing Dark Matter into the sky and infecting people like myself. We are known and classified as Metahumans or people granted special powers from the Dark Matter. So far the Metahumans infected end up becoming criminals or were already criminals to begin with the exception of a few. I decided to take the advice of Caitlin, Cisco and Oliver Queen aka Green Arrow to dub the suit and become a superhero. It wasn't until my best friend Iris gave me the name of Flash and she started writing about me in her Blog giving her the job as a reporter. I am proud of her, she still writes about the other Metahumans that she hears about but she personally loves writing about me except she has no idea that I am him. When I entered the Cortex I saw both Caitlin and Cisco frantically typing on the keyboards trying to figure out how to stop this Shark man and tracking his movements. On the right was Dr. Caitlin Snow, she was a Biological Engineer who worked on the Particle Accelerator alongside Dr. Harrison Wells then lost her fiancée Ronald Raymond when it exploded. We learned Ronnie was alive that he and another Doctor by the name of Dr. Martin Stein, a physicist, had been exposed by the Dark Matter combining them to create the vigilante Firestorm. Though after learning that Harrison Wells wasn't who he said he was, he was a speedster from the distant future named Eobard Thawne who traveled back in time to kill me when I was 11. Unfortunately, my future self-stopped him forcing him to kill my mother and become trapped in the past where he killed the Harrison Wells in that time in order to conceal his identity. He was a descendant of Edward Thawne who was once a police detective who sacrificed his life to erase Eobard from the timeline. His death caused Iris West, my best friend, to keep her distance from everyone including me which was understandable since my secret would put her in danger if she knew. After Eobard's death the portal he used to try to return home cause a massive wormhole threatening to swallow the entire world. I tried to stop it but even with my speed I wasn't fast enough to close it alone so Ronnie and Dr. Stein became Firestorm in order to help me. Sadly, Ronnie died trying to save me forcing Caitlin to abandon everything in S.T.A.R Labs for a quieter life in Mercury Labs. It is then when I tried this life solo until Joe convinced Cisco and Caitlin to force me into allowing them to help me. Ever since then things had changed, Dr. Stein merged with Jefferson Jackson another Metahuman, who was effected by the Dark Matter, in order to keep Firestorm and Dr. Stein alive. They left for Pennsylvania in hope to control their powers and this left Caitlin heartbroken even more losing her only connection to Ronnie. Slowly she was able to adjust to working in S.T.A.R. Labs and dealing with Cisco's constant jokes as well as his fascination in naming all the Metahumans we fought. On my left was Cisco Ramon, he is a mechanical Engineer and a genius with his wacky inventions he creates to help me in my fights. He assisted Dr. Harrison Wells with the Particle Accelerator and when it exploded he felt guilty. He didn't want to admit the truth to Caitlin the secret that he harbored when he locked Ronnie Raymond, Caitlin's fiancé, in the pipeline when it exploded. Cisco also is in charge with naming the Metahumans and so far he has come up with some good ones.

"Barry...the Shark Man is heading after a man named Dr. Shults, the Shark Man believes he is responsible for what happened to him." Cisco exclaimed I nodded super speeding over to my costume quickly putting it on and appearing in front of my friends.

"Be careful Barry, we have no idea what he is capable of or what weaknesses he could have." Caitlin warned with her brown eyes looking very concerned at me, Caitlin was really the heart of this team and I could only give her a smile to soften her worry.

"I got this Cait, don't worry too much. I'll be back in a flash." I winked speeding off to the location, I raced through Central City finding small fires spread across the floor around me. I saw something flying in the air at some citizens I raced in that direction and scattered them to other areas before the object landed. I turned seeing a giant Shark in front of me and it looked like it was ready to rip me apart with his teeth. "Cisco any ideas?"

"Avoid his teeth while we figure that out." he answered I groaned rolling my eyes and the Shark began charging at me. I avoided a lot of oncoming strikes then he swung his arm knocking into my ribs and sent me into the nearby wall. I lifted my head seeing the Shark grab me with his one hand, it consumed my entire chest and I couldn't move my body. The Shark started bringing me closer to his mouth and I struggled to break his grip.

"Guys...! Help...!" I gasped feeling the Shark's hand tighten against my body and I was about a few inches from his fangs, I closed my eyes preparing myself for the sharp pain.

"Erif nrub, nordlauc elbbub!" I heard in the distance when a blast hit the Shark Man's chest forcing him backwards and to release me from my grip. When I landed on the floor I turned to see a figure standing far from me holding their hand up and dark hair flew through the air. The Shark began to stand up; I turned stumbling backwards seeing a huge burn scar on the center of his chest. He angrily moved towards the figure when he spotted the nearby pole as he gripped it firmly into his grasp and it began shifting in his hand. He completely ripped the flag pole from the ground and he turned to face me. I laid on the ground near him, he turned his attention to me and was about to swing it down onto me. "Tekcajitarts!" I watched the pole in his hand turn into liquid like metal then like a snake wrapping around his body then squeezed him. He fell to the floor squirm to break the pole but he couldn't budge it, I turned to see the dark haired figure float in the air and landed a few distances from me.

"What are you? What the hell just happened?" I asked the figure remained still I heard the Shark growl trying to chomp down on the pole to break but was having no luck.

"Og ot peels..." the voice answered pointing at the Shark then I watched the Shark pass out the moment the figure spoke. I turned to face them again seeing some dark hair flow in the wind, it sat on mid shoulder length and their eyes were purplish blue.

"Who are you?" I asked again the figure crossed her arms then gave me a small smirk, I wanted to move towards her but my feet wouldn't respond.

"We will meet very soon Flash..." she smirked I started to move forward when I noticed some fog moving in around her. "Raeppasid..." the fog consumed her and when I charged through it she was gone.

"Barry...? Barry, are you there?" Caitlin yelled into my earpiece causing me to wince from the noise and clutch my ear with my fingertips.

"I'm fine Caitlin and Shark man is taken care of. Cisco I need your help with figuring out a way to get this Shark man into the Pipeline, that's if he can fit in it." I answered turning back taking the Shark man who was still unconscious, I had no idea what the hell was going on but I am going to find out who that was and what they want.