Chapter 2: Max Stark

"Henry Logan." I say into the intercome by the door to Stark Tower.

The door opens and I walk into the large room that I had been in twice before but, it looked a lot nicer now.

"Henry!" Lexi yells as she runs up and hugs me.

"Hey there!" Max says entering the room carrying a small bundle.

"Hey guys." I say hugging Lexi and turning to Max. "Who's this?" I say pointing to the bundle.

"Her name is Whitney." Lexi says beaming and taking the little girl from Max. "She's our daughter."

"Oh. Hello there." I say smiling and touching the little sleeping child's hand.

"Isn't she sweet?" Lexi says. "When she's asleep." Max murmurs. Lexi glares at Max. "What?" Max says,defensively. "It's true."

They hadn't changed a bit. Max still had the same black hair and blue eyes. Lexi was the same too. She was still beautiful. Same blondish brown hair and blue eyes. Their daughter Whitney had brown hair and I imagine big blue eyes.

"So, What are you doing here?" Max asks.

"We need to talk Max." I say taking Max aside. "Couldn't we try to track Cassie? There wasn't any remains. So she must of survived, right?"

"Henry. You know we can't do that. She is dead." Max says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Well... I mean we never tried... Hard enough." I say. "Maybe..."

"Henry! Stop it! Don't lie to yourself. She's dead." Max shakes me.

"But, I can't help but, hope."

"Henry. Would you like to stay for dinner?" Lexi asks me.

"No. I'm fine. But, thank you. I um... Gotta get going now. Bye!" I leave/storm put of the tower.

They yell bye after me. I had just taken a 3 hour flight for that.

****************

I board my plane ride home. Hopefully it would run smoothly and i'd get home tonight.

I toke my seat on the inside of the row. Personally the best seat. (Author: This is coming from a girl that has never ridden on a plane. :|) Max had offered to loan a private plane. But, I refused. I'm not going to take advantage of my friends.

I instantly fall asleep.

My day had been eventful okay?! I had ideas to save my gone girlfriend. I met a little girl and I was exhausted.