Chapter 13

Mary's POV

The next few days, the press found out about the whole Caleb fiasco. The way they interpreted it was: Mary forgot about her friends and family, the fame has gotten to her.

William and I were constantly getting chased by the paparazzi. I felt humiliated every time they would talk about Caleb. I wanted to yell at them to leave and stop talking about it, but that would've made things completely worse.

I spent time with Linda trying to think of ways to fix this. But all she told me was to tweet my followers telling them to not believe any of the stories. Obviously, people want the story, not a yes or no about the press.

As I drove to work one day, I stopped for some coffee. I was also going to get William coffee since I knew he didn't get much sleep last night either. We all had to stay late to record one of the most action packed episodes ever. Even though we stayed late, we didn't finish.

I open the door to the coffee house and as I do, I hear them.

"Mary!"

"Mary, talk to us!"

"Did you really forget about your family?"

"Did Billy tell you kick out that Caleb guy?"

"Did you cheat on him with Billy?"

I try to ignore them and I walk into the coffee house. They don't follow me, but they do stay at the door, obviously causing a riot inside. I look around and everyone is staring. Annoyed looks of pity are shot my way. People roll their eyes and carry on eith their lives.

I order the coffee and when it's finished ordering. I realized that I would have to face the mob of paparazzi outside. I kind of want to sneak out through the back, but the people in here already dont like me.

"Here you go."

"Thank you." I smile and walk to the exit.

As I walk to the car, I ignore the mobs and keep walking. As I'm about to reach my car, one of them bumps into me. Causing me to drop everything.

"So did you cheat?" They yell.

I look at the coffee on the floor and at them.

"No, I did not cheat." I say through gritted teeth. "Now get out of my face!"

They look at me for a split second and then keep taking pictures. I feel tears coming so I get in my car and drive to the set.

I park my car and I turn off my car. I stay seated and then I break down. I hate this. I can't believe they found out about Caleb. I can't do this...

I clean myself up and put on my best smile. I can do this. I have to.

I walk out and go to my dressing room. I find William waiting for me, he looks at me and walks to me.

"Are you okay?" He hugs me.

"Definitely not..." I smile. "It's just the press found me at the coffee shop."

"What happened?"

"I'm sure it'll be up somewhere tonight. I need to get changed." I say a bit distracted.

"Oh... Okay." He says a bit hurt.

"Sorry... I'm just-"

"No, it's alright don't. I get it." He smiles and walks out.

...

"Apparently, Mary walked right past one of the camera men and bumped into him! She dropped her coffee and yelled at them. I guess she's looking for trouble."

"What the hell?" Linda turns the TV off.

"I didn't do that. He bumped into me and my coffee fell. I felt overwhelmed and told them to leave me alone." I explain.

"We need to get you an interview with someone as soon as possible! This is insane."

"Okay. I know..."

Linda gets a call.

"What? Are you serious? What channel?" She freaks.

She turns the TV on and searches the channels. She finds the right one and sits. The Real Show is on.

"Hello everyone! We are back with today's gossip! The new actress Mary, first of all, we found out she had a crazy encounter with the paparazzi today! Roll the clip!"

There I stand my coffee on the floor.

"Now get out of my face!"

They edited out what I said. Are you serious?

"I cannot believe she threw her coffee down!"

"Oh come on!"

"But tonight, we have a special guest! Here tonight, everyone, is Caleb! The boy Mary kicked out of her apartment!"

What? No.

"What is this? What the hell? No." Linda starts to call people.

"Welcome, Caleb! How are you today?"

"I'm alright. It's my first time on Television I'm a bit nervous."

"Oh don't be! It's live but its alright."

"Oh... Hi!" He waves at the camera.

"Do you think you could answer some questions about Mary?"

I don't move. I can't.

Billy runs through the front door.

"I came as soon as I heard. Who got him on TV?" He asks Linda.

"I don't know! I'm trying to get it cut off."

"Yes, of course."

"Great! First question, did you and Mary have a serious relationship?"

"Oh yes. Very serious. She was my first love, we dated for 7 years. All through high school."

Lies.

"How was your relationship?"

"It was lovely. We argued a lot though, her parents weren't very fond of me at first but I proved I was a good guy. Then everything was great."

"If I may ask, was there any cheating going on?"

"Oh no of course not! I mean, I did find her kissing some guy at a party. She was drunk..."

He was the one cheating. He was the drunk one. He was the one at the party!

"Oh..."

"I forgave her of course, I mean, she had one too many but we talked the next day and she begged and begged. I love her, you know? Of course I was going to take her back."

He drank one beer. He knew what he was doing. He begged for my forgiveness. I refused. He hit me. I said no. He threatened me. I let him be my boyfriend.

"Wow, what a story."

I can feel Billy and Linda staring at me. Wondering if any of that is true. And as I'm about to look at them to explain myself, Caleb talks again.

"It is, I also forgave her because of our baby."

"Your baby?"

The crowd gasps like they have been doing.

"I mean, she miscarried, but we were going to be parents."

And then I stood up, the TV stopped playing, it made a beeping sound. Linda got the show cut off. I grabbed a mug from the coffee table, and threw it.

The TV became a shattered mess, and I broke down crying.

........

Sorry for the long wait.