"I left before the ceremony started" Ashton explained, moving his tuxedo jacket from his shoulder down to his lap. The blonde looked away from Ashton, playing with the bottom of his dress instead.

"He left before the 'I do's', said he couldn't love someone like me" Luke explained. Ashton would have thought that Luke would feel sad about being left at the alter, mad maybe, but Luke just looked... tired. Maybe it was the tequila that had shut off his feelings, or maybe it was because it was nearly midnight, but the blonde held not emotion... he just looked tired.

"I knew he was a jackass. What the hell does 'someone like me' mean?" Ashton asked angrily. Luke chucked lightly, looking towards the brown haired man before gesturing to his silky white dress and light make up. Ashton's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You were together for nearly a year and he barely realized he didn't like the way you dressed?"
Ashton asked. Luke looked down again, shame hidden deep in his eyes. Ashton simply couldn't wrap his head around the fact that someone could disapprove of the way the blonde dressed, the skirts and flower crowns had always driven Ashton absolutely mad, he could never get the image of the blonde out of his mind not matter how hard he tried. No matter how many times the words 'I'm not gay' slipped past his lips and into his friends or his mothers ears no one believed that, especially with the way the boy looks at Luke like he was a creature sculpted by god himself, but in Ashton's eyes he is. Ashton was snapped out of his thought as Luke chuckled, sounding tired and amused.

"Turns out his father was making him go out with me for the image. Something about supporting gays as his son marries a guy, apparently it was a good public statement. He was fucking some brunette girl every time I wasn't home" Luke explained it like it was simple. He chuckled and scoffed as he explained this to Ashton, who was only digging his finger into his thigh angrily.

"My mum's pissed that she wasted so much money on a wedding that turned out to be a scam. No one cares that I was left at the alter, no one cares that I spent almost three years of my life sleeping in a bed with a man who was being forced to pretend to love me. Only Jack and Ben actually asked me if I was ok. Mum just kept muttering about how she spent half of her retirement money on a wedding that didn't go through, she even had the audacity to blame me, as if I asked to be lied to, as if I asked to be cheated on.

And you know what? I can't begin to fucking understand what the fuck I did to deserve this. I did nothing but put my heart and soul into that relationship. I gave up everything to move in with him and try and make him happy, I skipped family dinners and threw away most of my favorite dresses just to please that man. Who, come to find out, couldn't even sleep in bed with me without a fucking shot of fucking tequila" Luke swiped his arms out, hitting the empty shot glasses so they flew off of the counter and landed on the other side of the bar on the floor, shattering with a loud clatter. Ashton sent an apologetic smile to the bartender who was staring at Luke with a scowl as he grabbed a broom silently. Ashton paid for the broken glasses so the bartender would be put at ease.

"I can not begin to understand the mind set this man must have, if he can't see how fucking beautiful and perfect you are then he obviously has his head stuck up his ass. There is not a single thing in the world that could compare in beauty to the sight of you in a pretty dress and a matching flower crown" Ashton said, staring Luke dead in the eye as the words slipped past his lips, Luke looked taken aback by the sincere words but Ashton never broke the intense eye contact he held with the blonde.

"Did I just turn you gay?" Luke asked teasingly, with a lighthearted smile, one that Ashton found himself adoring.

"God Luke, I've been gay for you since grade 9 when you first showed up to class in those tight skinny jeans, pink sweater, and matching flower crown. I punched Chad Michelson when he called you a fag because I couldn't begin to understand who wouldn't want you exactly the way you are" Ashton exclaimed, blushing deeply as Luke stared at him in surprise.