Chapter 2.

I wake up to the bright sun shining through my window. I turn over to grab my phone off the night stand, 8:01 am. I groanas I get up from my bed and turn the shower on. Looking in the mirror I look like a wreck. I forgot to take off my make upbefore bed last night no mascara and eyes liner smeared my eyes making me look like a racoon, and my hair is all sorts ofwild. I take off my pajamas and jump into the shower, letting the warm water flow over me.

I quickly jump out and change into a pair of dark skinny jeans and a navy polka dot sweater. I dont bother applying that much make up other than mascara and run down stairs.

Kaedon was already in the kitchen, "About time you came downstairs, I'm starving," He says acting as if he was about to die of starvation.

"You couldnt make your own food?" I ask opening the freezer and grabbing the bacon, "You are twenty-two".

"I couldnt cook to save my life." He says plopping down on the couch and turning on the TV.

I fry the bacon and set the plate on the counter, grabbing a piece as I walk to the living room.

"I think I'm going to go and help Niall now," I say picking up my keys and bag.

"Ok, just remember. Your seventeen, I dont want to be an uncle just yet." Kaedon says winking. I slap him before exiting the house and hopping into the Jeep. I throw my bag into the passengers seat and drive p the drive way onto the main road.

As I pull up the drive way to Niall's house I slow down noticing another car there. I park the car and start to walk up to the front door. I knock and almost instantly Niall opens the door with a huge smile.

"You came." He said still smiling.

"Um yea." I say, mentally kicking myself for not saying anything cooler than 'um yea' I mean seriously!

"Come on in," he says gesturing me to walk in. As I do I see he really fixed up the cabin. Before he moved in here the walls were painted black and the tiled floors were chipped and falling apart.

"Who's at the door?" A curly haired boy walks out of what looks like the dinning room.

"Oh right, um Ashlee this is Harry, Harry, Ashlee." Niall says putting his hands in his pockets.

"Oh so your Ashlee! Niall here," Harry says putting a hand on Niall's shoulder," can't stop talking about you I mean just last night he was saying how your eyes were a gorgeous green color and how your hair reminds him of-"

"Ok thats enough!" Nialls saying interupting Harry, his cheeks blushing. "Lets start unpacking."

I follow Niall into a bedroom which I was guessing was his, Harry going to the kitchen. Boxes lined up the white walls, leaving only the window showing. I walk over to this box named 'family stuff'. The first picture on the top is of him and a lady.

"Who's this?" I say bringing the picture to him.

"Oh, um, my mum. We havnt talked in a long time, actually almost 2 years, but I like to rememeber her even if I dont see her." Niall says looking down, a painful look in his eyes.

"Oh." Oh is all I could say, I felt bad for bringing up such a hurtful subect.

He sat down on the bed placed in the middle of the room, "When I was younger, she would always tell me, I know I have some problems," He pauses,"but I want you to have a life full of love and happiness and once you find your love, you'll find the happiness. All you have to do is look." I walked over and sat next to him.

"You dont have to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable." I say.

"I know, but I feel like I can trust you." He says,"the next day she fell off the roof when she was fixing a

leak. I rushed her to the hospital and found out she wont be able to talk properly again and she forgot everthing that happened in the last 20 years. Including me." He started fiddling with his fingers,"since I was old enough to move out, I did and moved here. Now she lives in a retirement home, going to the hospital every other month. They said she would gain her memory back but after a year of theropy all she has remembered was my dad leaving her. Nothing about having me and my older brother or anyting else but that. Ever since then I've been trying to find that love and happiness."

I didnt know what to say. I mean what do you say to something like that? I grab his hand in mine and he turns his head to me, our noses a slight inch apart. His sparking blue eyes looking deep into my green ones. His warm breathe tickled my face as he leaned in close, closing the gap between us and placing his warm lips on mine. I move my hand to the back of his neck and his hands move to my waist pulling me coser

I break the kiss and move my hand from his neck.

"Um." I studder out.

"Yeah" He says slightly laughing.

"NIIIIAAAAALLLLLL!" Harry yells from the kitchen.

"I better, um, go see what he wants." Niall says running his hand through his hair before standing up.

"Oh, yeah, I better get going anyways." I reply tucking my hair behind my ear and grabbing my bag from the floor.

"Ok, er, hold on and I'll walk you out." Niall says running over to see what Harry wants. I sit back on the bed and hear Niall and Harry talking.

"Ooooooooo Niall be getting some action!" I hear Harry say, I couldnt help but laugh a little.

"You saw?" Niall asked, I could imagine a shy smile on his face as he asked.

I stopped listening and pulled out my phone, scrolling through instagram and such. Two minutes later Niall walks in and reaches his hand out to me. I grab it and follow him through the hallway. We make it to the door and he opens it and I smile before walking over to my car.

"Ashlee wait." Niall says running over to me, I turn around facing him questioningly, "Would you like to, maybe, I mean only if you want to, go to out on Saturday?" he asks running a hand through his hair smiling syly.

"Yes, I would like that." I say smiling at his shyness. He reaches for my hand and puts a slip of paper in it and closes hand. Niall smiles and walks back to the house.

Before I turn around I see Harry run out and scream "BYE ASHLEE!!" and wave as I turn to leave the house.