I gasp and let myself fall. The ground coming closer. I scream and fall down hard. The air gets knocked out of my lungs and I wheeze and cough. My leg hurts so much. I could barely open my eyes. My head is spinning so much I feel like I want to throw up.

I prop myself up despite my pain. My legs are fine and so are my arms. I'm injured nowhere expect some scratches and bruises. What happened. I looks around and see a...cyborg? I tilt my head in confusion.

A cyborg with a human face but robot arms and blond hair with greenish yellowish irises and with black surrounding it. Is it a crazy cyborg? Couldn't be right?

"Hey!" I call out holding my side. He doesn't hear me. Of course. I try and stand. I wobble a bit but soon I fall. I turn to see the cyborg leaving.

"W-Wait!" I call out. Nothing. I look around to find a couple of rocks. I start to throw some at him. Being the clumsy person I am, I miss all of them.

"Excuse me!" I yell. Nothing. Maybe if I scream? I'm gonna regret this but I open my mouth and take in a deep breath and scream as loud as I can in the state I'm in. I wheeze and pant a bit. Ouch.

I look up and see him turn to me. Yes! I feel my face get hot from using so much energy. He runs to me and kneels down.

"I didn't see you" He says seriously. I look at him for a bit. Weird.

"I was attacked by him" I nod at the dead monster.

"Yeah I heard your screams and quickly ran over, I thought you were dead but I didn't see you anywhere" he says looking at the monster. I didn't say anything. I didn't want to tell him why I looked dead or anything.

"Are you okay? You fell didn't you?" He asks checking my arms and legs.

"I'm a bit bruised up but otherwise I'm fine" I smile warmly then I feel a warm liquid trickle down my face.

"Doesn't look like it, where is your home?" He asks. I give him directions and he helps me walk over there.  We talk about each other and exchange names.

"I'm (Y/n) (L/n)" I say.

"I'm Genos" He says. I nod and we walk to my home.

~Present~

I smile at the memory and ruffle his hair.

"Oi! don't mess with my hair!" Genos says. I laugh and ruffle it.

"fluff fluff" I say. He laughs.

"You're so weird" He says smiling. I punch his robotic arm.

"Shut up you are too" I say. He dives in and lands gracefully but I almost fall over.

"Wow 10/10 if I didn't almost die" I say clapping. He rolls his eyes playfully. We start walking and eventually Genos stops at an apartment. I look around carefully for any monsters. We walk some stairs and I fix my shorts. He starts knocking and I turn to see the view. It's okay.

"Sensei!" I hear Genos say. I turn my head to see a bald man with a funny expression. Genos and him talk for a bit. But I stay there behind Genos. Is this his master? I snicker a bit trying to hold my laughter. He looks to the opposite. Over here! I groan inwardly.

"I thought I heard someone" He mutters, "anyway come on in"

Gennos starts to walk in and so do I. Suddenly the guy slams the door on my face hitting my nose.

"Ouch!" I hiss and hold my nose. Rude. Did Genos forget about me too?! Blood trickles down. Fuck I don't have anything to clean it with. Ugh great. I glare at the stupid door.