The Beach

I do not own the characters, or the artwork, I only own the story.

The sea breeze tickled my face, and sent shivers down my spine. I reached up and pulled my black stripped beanie down over my ears. My gaze lingered on the stretch of ocean in front of me. I watched as the waves crashed into the rocks that made a path into the treacherous water.
I turned around, and started toward the hotel. My gaze continued to wonder around the sand, trying to spot any shells that had survived the oceans current. Spotting one, I veered off my set pathway walked over to the curled shell. The shell felt light in my hand as I picked it up.

Footsteps behind me made me straighten quickly. I feigned indifference, and tried to focus on the shell in my hands. It's beautiful pinkish color marbled with white. I let my fingers gently caress the opening, imagining the small creature that would call this shell home. I turned around momentarily lost in thought, only to collide into a solid mass. I felt myself crashing to the ground, and quickly threw my hands behind me. I landing on my palms heavily, smashing the beautiful shell.

I felt my face flush, "I-I-I am so s-sorry" I stuttered mortified.

"You-" The deep voice stopped short. I looked up, "Edd?! Oh this is just to good to be true," the sneer on his face told me everything I needed to know.

My mind finally caught up, and placed the freckled red head. Kevin stood in front of me, he was still on his feet peering down at me.

Before I could move, Kevin stepped on my stomach, " oh no dork, you're not going going anywhere."

My stomach knotted in fear. I tried to wiggle out from under his immense weight. But the more I struggled, the harder he pressed his foot into my gut.

I cried out in agonizing pain.
Kevin smirked, " you are a complete waste of space, you even have to ruin my vacation." Kevin looked down on me, his emerald eyes blazing. "Isn't it enough that you, and your dorks have to infest my school?"

"I-I'm s-s-sorry" my breathing hitched in pain. My heart picked up speed, why was he here? Weren't his ill  manners, and frequent beatings enough during school hours?

"I can't allow this," he rubbed the back of his neck. "What is a suitable punishment for your dorkiness infecting this beach?"

Without any warning his foot collided with my jaw. I cried out in pain, but he continued to kick me, he moved his kicks to my ribs.

After what seemed like an eternity he bent down, a sick smile dancing across his face.

"I'll see you in school," before I could move, his fist collided with my face.
I let out whimper as everything turned black.