1-Leaving

Dear Mom and Linda.
I have something to tell you. I've done something ... terrible. It's about Mike.

I was packing my shit. I couldn't stay here anymore. Not if I wanted to go to jail. It's that fuckers fault I'm in this situation. If he didn't gone and do what he did then ... maybe he would still be alive. And that skank too.

Ever since Dad died ... I lied ... I wasn't fine ... I did change. Just not in the way you thought I would. It's the reason why I drew do many spiders. Why I smoked, why I drank, why I turned ... turned to drugs. It was all him. You don't know what he did when I was alone with him.

Looking at the hill I saw a small semicircle of the sun peeking over. I was outside my families house. I never thought things would turn out like this. I think I should introduce myself. My names Eris Black. And that is pronounced Air - Ris not Er - Ris. I'm 29, I have long brown hair and grey eyes. They were blue but for some reason they changed. Now you're probably what the fuck I have gotten myself into.

Well, I had a boyfriend. His name was Mike. I thought he was a good man. But that all went to shit when I came home early from work. When I found him and a no good fucked up skank in my fucking bed having a good time. But not for long. All I saw was red. I picked up a dagger and cut her throat whilst I knocked Mike out. During that time I cut his fucking cock off. I know, sick, huh? By the time he had woken up I had him tied to the bed. I dragged the dagger across his gut and I even gutted the bastard. He screamed like a little girl. And fucking loved it. Like it was a new kind of high. Something that no other drug has ever given me. It made me feel ... powerful, amazing, hungry. Hungry for more.

I sighed and took one last glance at the house were my mother and sister sleep. Where the letter I have written to my family sits. I know that I'm gonna kill again. But I couldn't live with myself if I hurt them. So I decided to leave. I don't know where I just had to keep them safe by leaving. I just had to leave.

I have leave. I don't know where but I know I have to do this to keep you safe. What happened to Mike was no work or a mindless murderer. It was done by someone who you have lived with for 29 years.

Me.

With a sigh I kick the bike stand away and drove off into the future of a criminal.  The sun slowly rose over the hills giving the sky a orange colour. I had only a few clothes in my side bags so I'm gonna have to buy some when I get settled. I think I should leave this state altogether.

I couldn't live with myself if I hurt you. So I'm leaving. I don't know where I just need to go. I might even leave this state. I'm just trying to protect you.

I drove my bike for days. Only getting sleep when I need it. Now I was driving through canyons. I've driven through tons of states I don't even remember how many.  My eyes caught the glimpse of something further in front of me. I accelerated my bike to get to it faster. When I was close enough I slowed to a stop and wiped the dust off. Soon I had cleaned it enough to read the black writing that was pealing away.

'UTAH'

Utah?! I've really traveled far. I kept reading but huffed when I read the bottom.

'Population : ##### ⬅️(Unreadable numbers).

"This is great" I said to myself "Utah, you better watch out. Ya got a new murderer in town". I kick the stand and drove into Utah. My new home unless I decided to move again. I was driving deeper into Utah passing red canyons.

I'm sorry if this is causing you emotional pain but it's a hell lot better than physical. Tell Mike's family that 'I'm sorry', yeah, 'I'm sorry that you son was the biggest man whore whoever walked on the face of this earth'.

Soon a set of lights were ahead of me. I slowed when I got close enough to see it was a bar. Above the entrance was a sign saying 'Luna Mesa'.

"What an odd name to call a bar" I spoke to myself again "What the hell I could go for a drink". I drove my bike into a empty spot and kicked the stand out. I grabbed my money and started to make my way to the bar entrance when there was a howl. Not a ordinary howl that you'd hear from a dog but this was something bigger. Probably more fierce. Looking behind me I saw nothing. Nothing dangerous or harmful. When I got to the entrance to the bar I noticed a shining metal had be nailed onto the doorway. And around the windows.

"Is that ... silver?" I mentally asked myself.

Huffing I forgot about it and entered the bar. It was small nothing to fancy with a few people inside. Smiling I went to the bar and sat down on a stool when an old man, who guessed was a barman, walked up to me.

"What can I get ya sweetheart?" He asked.

"Whiskey, will do" I answered. The bar man nodded and turned around when he later came back with a small glass and a bottle of whiskey.

"What your name?" The barman asked whilst pouring my drink "I don't think I've seen you around here before".

"Eris, I just got into town" I pulled out my wallet ready to give him the money I owed "I'm looking for a place to stay".

"$5 for a glass or $15 for the bottle" the man held out his hand. I sighed and pulled out 15 dollars from my wallet and handed it to him. He placed the bottle down and put the money in the till "My name's Walter, I own this place, if you need a room for the night you can stay in a empty one. It's $20 a night the same for rent".

"Thanks, I could do with one" I pulled out another 20 dollars and handed it to him. He later returned with a key that had the number 5 on it "Cheers" I drank what was in my glass and filled it up again "Hey, did you hear the howling outside?".

"That?" Walter asked astonished "That was nothing but a coyote".

"Never heard a coyote howl like that before" I countered back whilst looking into the dark spaces of the desert.

"Well, maybe the beast has finally returned" Walter shrugged but I shuddered when he say the word 'beast'.

"Beast?" I asked hoping he was joking.

"That's right, you're new in town" he sighed and leaned onto the bar facing me "Well, many years ago, there had said to be a man who lived in these canyons. But he wasn't an ordinary man, no no, he was a heartless, drug taking, rapist killer! One night he found a woman by the side of the road and killed her like she was a rat. He dragged her body out into the desert when she came back to life since she was a witch and cursed him to become a horrifying beast that can only be freed by one who loves him. But everyone feared him. He fell into despair and lost all hope for who could ever learn to love a beast. I heard his father was cursed along with him".

"Jeez, that's a spooky legend" I nervously giggled.

"Probably just a scary story to tell kids not to go into the desert late at night" I told myself "I mean it's just a legend, right?".

I was broken out of my thoughts when the door opened wide. I turn to look and in stepped a man wearing a camouflage jumpsuit. He had sandy blonde hair, a goatee growing on his chin and cold blue eyes that looked almost grey like mine. Even from the bar I was able to smell the oder of alcohol and meth.

"Walt, regular!" He yelled. Walter shook his head and grabbed a glass and another bottle of whiskey. The man walked up to the bar and sat down right next to me. He took the glass and chugged it down as if it was water then held it out again for Walter to refill. "Hey, Walt, who's the sexy lady".

It took me a while to realise he was talking about me. He smirked at me revealing black meth teeth. I don't think this is gonna end well.

I love you guys. I don't want you to come after me. Just let me live my life. Maybe I'll meet you again at heavens gates of God forgives me.
This is good bye.
Love from
Eris.
..............................................................
So this is the first chapter of my Red Canyon story. I've added the slight twist about the beast. The bold parts are parts of the letter Eris wrote to her mother and sister. Bold and underlined parts are names of places. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Until next time.
See ya 'round.✌️.