One

Imagine Cinderella. You know, the princess. The one who gets a prince and a life and a castle.
You have her in your head, right?
She killed her stepsisters. Through her Prince Charming. See? Even the oh-so-Charming prince has blood on his hands.
When you're the villain because you're ugly and they're the hero because they are beautiful... Whose side are you on now?
Exactly.
Welcome to my life.

The cawing of the ravens wakes me up from my slumber. Incessant, broken tunes fill my ears until I can't stand it anymore. All moonlight outside is blocked by the horrible creatures. See-- A knight is a villain's mourning. Clever, ain't it? Unlike these cawing pests.
"Get out, get out, you moronic birds!" I don't go for magic first - Like healing, it's best to try all natural remedies first. Like naturally making them shut up. I already know that's not happening.
Their unbearable din brings me to my breaking point and I throw my morning reserves of magic at them.
The birds stop abruptly, hearts torn out. Blood on the floor. Dark feathers scatter throughout my room. Their lifeless eyes are turned skyward, hoping for a promise of freedom.
Not today. Not ever.
They're all dead.
I imagine myself as a survivor, the final one. The last to be killed. The night awaits me outside and I embrace it, scraping against the stars—
To a burning town. My home. Neverfield spreads beneath me, a hellish glow emanating from the silent houses. Fire consumes them all...
As bright as a knight in shining armor.

And above it all, atop a shadowed hill, a serene princess with blond locks awaits her lover to return.