{28}

Avi smiled as he sat up in bed. He looked over at his sleeping fiancé and placed a kiss to his forehead.

Today was the day they would finally bring Adira home.

Avi woke up pretty early. He was way too excited for today, he couldn't stay asleep. Mitch told him to wake him up at the same time, but he wanted Mitch to get his sleep. He hadn't slept well since they left Adira there.

Avi stretched as he stood up and he slugged out of the bedroom. He greeted Scott, who was on the couch.

"Morning," he droned. He made a face at his voice. He always hated how it sounded first thing in the morning when he spoke.

Scott let out a light laugh. "Good morning. Is today the day?" He asked with excitement.

Avi put on a wide smile and nodded. He took a seat beside his friend. "It is. I'm so excited. I can't wait to bring her home."

Scott nodded as he smiled. He looked up behind Avi, opening his arms wide. "Mitchie!"

Avi turned and looked at the beauty behind him. Mitch smiled tiredly as he rubbed one of his eyes. He tried to fix his messed up hair and then went and sat down on Avi's lap. After hugging Scott.

Mitch laid his head on Avi's shoulder, his arms wrapping around Avi's neck. He closed his eyes again.

"You should have stayed in bed, my love," Avi whispered. "You're still tired."

Mitch sighed a little as he shrugged. "You weren't beside me. So I couldn't stay asleep."

Avi smiled as Scott let out a quiet 'awe.' He kissed Mitch's neck softly, laughing as the tenor let out a small giggle.

"You guys are disgustingly cute," Scott said in fake disgust. He loved watching the couple.

Mitch giggled once more and opened his eyes. He stuck his tongue out at his best friend. "You and Alex are pretty cute too."

Scott rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

~~~

Mitch took Avi's hand as they walked into the hospital. Something seemed off. He couldn't exactly tell what it was though.

He kept a sharp eye out for anything weird, but his nerves completely subsided when he looked down at his daughter.

His smile grew as he looked to his green-eyed boyfriend. "Avi, look at her."

Avi nodded, and he too, had a smile upon his face. He reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out the small cat toy he had gotten her.

He laid it beside her, in her reach. Adira wiggled around a little, and finally turned her attention to the toy. She picked it up and held it to her face, rubbing it against her nose and cheeks.

Adira let out a tiny squeal as she hugged the cat.

Avi laughed, and hugged Mitch tightly. "Our little girl," he whispered.

Mitch laughed as well, looking down at his daughter. Those eyes. The color of Evan's, but soft and sweet like Avi's.

"She loves it."