"o-on your arms?" michael asked, pulling out of luke's embrace to give luke a sad look. the blonde inhaled before nodding, rolling up both of his sleeves to reveal fading cuts running up and down his arms from his elbow down. michael felt relieved to see that none were recent, and he took luke's hands in his own.

"lately i've been cutting on my thighs and hips to keep ashton from seeing them," luke admitted, noticing michael's relieved expression which instantly turned to one of consternation at luke's words.

"oh m-my god, i-i'm so sorry, luke, i-i should have heard you out," michael spoke hastily, but luke just shh'ed the shorted boy and cupped both sides of michael's face gently.

"please don't apologise, babe, it's not your fault," luke promised, a small smile appearing on his lips as he gazed throughly at all of michael's beautiful features, "and by the way, this time i mean it when i say you're the only person i'm seeing, i swear. i ended all of those other relationships and i've been pretty lonely recently, but this time right here with you is making up for it."

"i-i'm quitting m-my job," michael stated, placing his hands over luke's and entwining their fingers with a gentle smile, "an-and i want to m-move out of m-my apartment with brooks an-and into a new one w-with you, if you'd l-like."

"i would love that, princess," luke murmured, glancing up from their connected hands and into michael's bright green eyes. he leaned in to attach their lips one last time before they decided to get inside luke's car and make a run to michael's apartment to pack up all of his stuff and move it into luke's apartment.

michael felt bad for brooks as luke drove on the bumpy road, so he pulled out his phone to send a quick text message to the man he almost married.

michael (11:34 am): sorry about everything. if you want we can get together and i can explain? i'm on my way to our apartment and i'm gonna pack up my stuff, if that's alright. i hope we can still be friends

he never got a reply.

--

"you've got so much stuff," luke teased as he playfully hit michael's back with a rolled up t-shirt that michael suspected was brooks'. the shorter boy gave luke a small pout before turning back to his closet, grabbing a handful of his clothes and dumping them into the suitcase sitting on the bed he used to share with brooks.

"th-then help me out an-and go th-through the drawers," michael instructed, giving luke a smile as he went through the multiple pairs of black jeans in the closet. luke let out an overdramatic sigh before bending on his knees and going through one of the closest drawers to him, which happened to be michael's sock drawer.

"you want some socks, baby?" the tall blonde joked around and tossed two pairs at michael. michael let out a laugh and picked them up from the floor before throwing them into his suitcase and starting to fold up his black skinny jeans.

"ooh, looks like i found your underwear drawer," luke said with a smirk, starting to go through them. michael was in the middle of pulling off his tie, but at luke's words he instantly raced over to the opposite side of the room to stop luke from seeing any of his undergarments.

"n-no, stop," michael whined as luke took out a pair of black lace panties, admiring them as he held them just out of michael's reach. the shorter boy climbed on luke's back in an attempt to get them back, but luke just hooked one of his arms around michael's thigh to keep him from falling and continued to hold them out of michael's reach.

"it's okay, babe, there's nothing to be ashamed of," luke snickered as he pressed a long kiss to michael's jawline, trying to distract the black haired boy. with a final stretch, michael managed to pull the panties from luke's grip and got off of luke's back, shuffling his feet back to where the suitcase was and sheepishly placing them inside the suitcase.

"aw, you're blushing," luke cooed, walking over to michael and placing his hand on the back of michael's neck, playing with the baby hairs there. the taller boy's words just made michael blush even more and he briefly hid his cheeks in the palms of his hands, giving luke a sheepish look.

"is th-that everything?" michael asked, glancing around the bedroom. it looked dull without michael's things laying around and luke nodded before pulling michael into a hug, kissing the top of his head before placing his chin on top of michael's head.

"this seems so surreal to be with you again," luke murmured, making michael's heart do a messy cartwheel within his ribcages, "i don't deserve someone as amazing as you are." michael pouted at luke's words and pulled away from the blonde's embrace, flickering his gaze between luke's baby blue eyes.

"yes, you d-do," michael argued, cupping luke's face with one hand and running his thumb under luke's eye with a gentle touch, "you're al-also amazing, yeah? i-i love you."

"i love you more, mikey," luke whispered before he closed the space between their lips and placed his hands on michael's hips, but not too roughly as if he was afraid to hurt or bruise the fragile boy. michael closed his eyes and felt luke's cold black lip ring pressed against his plump dark pink lips, which made him smile into the kiss.

"babe, your phone is ringing," luke pointed out as he pulled away from the endearing kiss and nodded toward his suitcase, where michael's phone was laying next to. the black haired boy rolled his green eyes playfully before picking up his phone and glancing at caller id. he discovered that his mum was calling him before he pressed accept and held the phone up to his ear.

"hello?"

"mikey, where are you?" his mum sounded rushed and panicked, making him frown uneasily, "calum said that you weren't answering his texts, and brooks is nowhere to be seen. can't you explain things to your own mother, like the fact that you were cheating on brooks that whole time with your boss?"

"i-i'm with my boss r-right now, mum, pl-please calm down," michael explained, rubbing his temples briefly, "i-it's more complicated th-than that. c-can you tell calum th-that i'll call him later an-and if you f-find brooks, t-tell him to call me, please."

"hang on, mister, you're not getting away that fast," his mum spoke hastily just as he was about to hang up, "what's the plan now? i told you that you could have backed out of the wedding without any trouble, but that boss of yours is just making things messy."

"i-i'm getting m-my stuff together an-and moving in w-with him," michael replied, exchanging a glance with luke, who was wondering what his mum was saying to make him so annoyed, "h-his name's luke an-and i would like it very much if you c-could respect my decisions like th-the adult i-i am, yeah? i-i'll call you later, bye."

"is everything okay?" luke asked as michael hung up and slid his phone in the front pocket of his black skinny jeans. michael just let out a small sigh and forced a smile in luke's direction, lifting his gaze to meet those beautiful baby blue eyes michael could never get enough of once more.

"y-yeah. wh-what are we waiting for, luke? l-let's go down to y-your apartment," michael said with a smile, making luke beam as well. michael closed up his suitcase and luke offered to carry it for him, since he didn't want the weight to drag michael down. michael just agreed and that was how they ended up driving on a road made of concrete on the way to luke's apartment and michael's new home.