I glanced over to Killian, but she seemed fine. Killian looked over to me and sent me a thumbs up, before paying attention to Griffin again.

"..and once she left, Brianna and Diana kicked the ever-loving shit out of me. I was left there. Pretty sure I had a bruised rib from their kicking."

Brinley looked grim when he said this, and grabbed onto his hand. "Yeah, they're lucky I wasn't there when they kicked his ass, or someone would've died." she growled.

He shook his head and kissed her forehead to calm her down. "Bri, I'm fine." he cooed before returning back to his story. "Brinley found me a few days later and brought me to someone's house. I think her name was Sara?"

She nodded, leaning against Griffin. "Yeah. Sara Kian. Real nice lady." she said. "We stayed there for a few weeks, with her husband Luke and their daughter Ginny. We left in mid-June, since she made sure he was absolutely healthy before we went on our way. We caught wind of Brianna and Diana hunting us down, so we hid in Lunarin. Not many people here, as you can see."

I nodded, glancing around the field. "Is that how you found us?" I asked, smiling.

She nodded, stretching her arms. "It was by chance. We started living here, actually. Now that you guys are here, maybe you all could live here too!"

"We could. Once we find our soulmates." I said, pointing to all of the group.

She nodded, understandingly. "Good to see that you guys are working together. It's certainly dangerous." Standing up, she grabbed Griffin's hand to pull him up. "Lu-lu, want to walk around town so I can show you around?"

I stare at her, getting up and nodded. "Show me where you guys live!" I said, clinging onto her arm. I don't ever want to be separated from her. "Plus, I need to tell you so much."

"Alright, let's get on our way. Griffie, stay with the kids please," she said, leaving the group behind.

We walked down to the town, old memories resurfacing.

I was 10. She was 14.

Our feet hit the ground, puddles splashing up our legs to create little mud drips. I tripped, my face going flat into the mud puddle.

"Brinnie!" I cried out, tears in my eyes as I wiped away the muddy water.

She turned around, and walked towards me, frowning. "Clumsy Lu-lu," she teased, but crouched down to check out my legs. She furrowed her eyebrows, heaving me up onto my legs. "Walk, we gotta get you cleaned up, clumsy." she said playfully, but her eyes showcased worry.

I nodded, sniffing. "It hurts, Brinnie." I whined, looked down at the muddy cut.

"That's what you get for being clumsy." she replied, opening the door. "Mom? Lucy fell in a mud puddle. I'm gonna go clean her up." she shouted, taking me to the bathroom.

I took a seat on the toilet, kicking my legs. The sting had gone away now. "Hey, you don't need to clean it. It's fine now," I say quietly, watching her as she took out the cleaning alcohol.

She looked at me, shaking her head. "Nonsense." Taking a cotton swab, she dumped some of the liquid onto the cotton, and dabbed it onto the cut.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed, biting my lip. "It hurts, Brinnie," I whine, moving my leg away from the cotton swab.

"Hey, I know. Whenever it hurts, though, you can take my hand when I'm near and I'll make the pain disappear." she said earnestly.

"...Lu-lu? Are you even listening to me?"

I stared at her hand, biting my lip.

Whenever it hurts, you can take my hand and I'll make it stop hurting.