I think the way I was dressing now made it more easy for people to approach me. It made me see myself as a more open, easy-going person than all the black I was wearing before. Already, within just a few weeks, more kids, and even their parents, were walking up to me when I was out and talking to me and thanking me, which I appreciated. I was so thankful for everything that I had now, it was unbelievable.

"You ready yet?" Scout said, bursting into my room just as I was slinging my bag over my shoulder. "Sammi's about to have a meltdown."

"Not in my house," I muttered. "I just cleaned those floors."

Scout laughed and pulled me along gently. "It was a metaphoric sentence, Zandy."

I winked at her. "I know." We both laughed as we walked down the stairs to head out. We decided to take two cars, just to make things more comfortable.

"Hey, what happened to Annie? I thought she was hanging with us today, and Kyle with the guys," Lexi commented as her, Scout and I slid into my car.

"She decided she was going to spend the day with Kyle since it was their first Valentine's Day together," I explained, turning on the heater before anything else. For California, it sure was cold.

The day I had been shot, Annie was hysterical and took on the job of calling our families to tell them. I hadn't seen her until the third day I was in the hospital and she had visited everyday since after school, unless she had some homework that was due and had to skip out on our time each day. I didn't mind; I knew school was important to her, just like it is to me.

Speaking of school, I was doing exceptionally well and carrying a 4.0 GPA, which I was proud of. I had decided to settle with being a coroner and was double majoring in medical and biochemistry. At the rate I was going, I'd have my master degrees in both in just under two years and I could have my doctorate in just a year after that. I was also working on getting my degree in literature and art. I was a busy bee now.

"How long have they been dating now?" Scout asked, breaking me out of my bubble.

I counted in my head real quick. "Um...four months now."

"Wow, is that her first boyfriend?" Lexi wondered.

"I think so, but she could've had one back home, so I don't know. I think it is, anyways," I said, trying to think if she had ever said anything about it.

"Four months is pretty good if it is," Scout said, impressed. Apparently, she couldn't hold down a boyfriend at that age. Well, I guess she and Andy were actually dating then, so I'm kind of wondering.

"Yeah, and they both seem happy," I agreed. I had been dating Andy when I was her age and I'm never looking back, so I guess that's a good sign for her. They both seem pretty smitten with one another.

Today, we were going to the mall, of all places. I had stupidly agreed to do this with them since the favor vote was four against one. They were never fair, since I was really the only one that absolutely hated shopping for more than a half hour. But, Lexi and I were both pregnant, her more so than me, so we could complain together later. I had something to look forward to at least.

It didn't take us that long to get there, and when we did, the first place I was swept into was my long time enemy: Victoria's Secret. I don't know how I ended up in there every time I came her with them, but it was *effing* inevitable now, so I didn't even fight it. The fight wasn't worth the effort since I was destined to lose anyway.

While we were in there, I was forced into buying several items, sets and these things called 'baby dolls'. Those, I didn't mind so much since they were actually pretty cute, but the other crap was unbelievable. Some of it was pretty simple, but completely not me, and the other stuff was complicated and I could never see myself wearing it. I was pregnant, for *eff's* sake! I didn't need it. But, when I argued that to them, they just said I could use it for another baby in the future. Ha *effing* ha.