MTMR chapter 5

Chapter 5*

Thanksgiving

"*Good girl, are you all done?*" I asked Ali, holding up the bowl of blueberries I was feeding her. I had noticed a few months back that she had taken a serious liking to blueberries and raspberries and those were her snacks everyday. Andy swore she was going to turn blue and red.

Alesana nodded and gave me the sign for 'all done', which was like dusting your hands off in front of you. At nine months I would have never thought she would be so advanced with her communication skills. Her coordination was already getting a lot better, too, and it was amazing. There were a lot of signs she didn't know or how to do still, but she was using the ones she did know every chance she got. Jr. was the same way and it was helping him to actually say words now. All he really had down was 'Ma' and "Dada' but it was something. Most babies didn't start speaking until they were over a year old.

It was Thanksgiving day and we were having a small get together with our friends, which we all knew would end up being not so small. I couldn't really deny it; our 'small group of friends' had grown significantly over the years. Today we were expecting Ash, Lexi, Sammi, Jinnx, Jake, Scar, Candy, Tanner, Josh, Scout, CC and Kyle, plus there would be the five of us that lived in this house. That made seventeen of us, which was ridiculous. It was a good thing that most restaurants were still open on Thanksgiving. There was no way in *heck* that I was making all that food for that many people. I may like to cook, but I hate cleaning up afterward.

Ali's eyes started to droop just as I heard Jr.'s soft whine coming from the other room. They were both ready for their naps; it was noon, after all.

"Do you want me to put Andy in his crib?" Annie asked me from the living room, where she was with my baby boy. Her and Kyle were in there working on a project they had to do as partners together for English.

"No, I got him," I assured her, wiping the mess off of Ali's face as I walked into the living room. I picked up Andy, who was laying on the floor with is toys, and tried getting him to quiet down by giving him that giraffe toy that his father had gotten on his twentieth birthday. It calmed him down a little bit, but he was definitely ready for his nap.

I walked them to their nursery and laid them down in their respectable cribs and turned on the mobile that was above them. Then I went over to the iPod dock on their dresser and turned that on. Usually I'd hum or sing until they were asleep, but I had stuff to do today.

"Annie, I gotta go meet the guys downtown for a bit," I called to her from my bedroom. Black Veil Brides had a CD signing event in downtown Hollywood today and they wanted me there with them. I had told them that I couldn't be there for the whole thing, but I was going to try to get there at least on time. "It supposed to only last an hour, but you know how those things go. If you can just kick it here for a while, that'd be awesome."

I joined them in the living room, dressed and ready to go. Annie nodded absentmindedly, writing something important down on her paper. "Yeah, no problem, Alex. When do I ever really leave the house anyway?"

"Okay, thank you, Annie," I said, kissing her on the cheek. "I'll see you guys later." Then I was out the door and in my car, making my way to the event area. It supposed to be out in the open somewhere, which was good because it was a really nice day today. Hopefully I'd be able to spot the mile long line of people dressed in BVB garb easily.

I was probably ten minutes from where I was supposed to be when my phone rang. I didn't even bother to look at the caller ID. Only close friends and family had this number; I had Facebook and Twitter for fans and people I meet at concerts.

"Hello?" I answered, trying to look for the street sign that would point me in the right direction. No matter how long I've lived here for, I will never get used to the crazy driving conditions.