"That's great news Mukti..I am soo happy for you..how come Harshad didn't tell me about this but it's okay so far you guys are happy together..so when is the big day coming", I asked adding to her joy.

"Well that's a surprise now..Harshad is planning something grand so let's see what he has in store for me", Mukti beamed delightfully when her phone beeped and the added glow on her face said it who it was from. She excused us for a while and when I turned back at Manik I found him eyeing me suspiciously. I was wearing a dark blue knee length pencil dress pretty apt for a business lunch. I assumed that I was looking pretty decent but Manik's look confused me. Why is he looking at me like that? I am not even wearing anything revealing, I thought to myself.

"How come you grew up all of a sudden?", he asked me sarcastically with disbelief in his eyes.

"What??", apart from his look his questions were also confusing me.

"Tumhari Madam kuch zyada lambi nahi lag rahi hai chomu", he looked at Shahid who stood like a scared crow. Manik gave him pretty strong vibes which just left him to nod mindlessly in his presence.

He tilted his head a little over the table to have a proper view of me from head till toe and then he found the reason. He shook his head in apathy, "Why on earth are you wearing those stilettos when you know you can't walk in them"

Oh God!!! was there at least one possible occasion where this guy could behave and compliment me instead of being a loser but no he has to be the jerk he is. I put up a plastic smile to reply to his look.

"Well this is not for you...I am sure Steve will love them", I remarked adding salt to his misery.

And obviously I had hit the jackpot that was Manik's ego with the name. He left his seat to stand straight and glowered at me. Manik looked at me in such a mean way that I was bound to be conscious and the next was the obvious, I tripped a little in between my foot but thankfully grabbed a chair to balance myself. I don't know why I became such clumsy around Manik. He was ready to giggle but I cut it and came to the point.

"Manik did you speak to the tabloid people?? They had called me up a while back"

"What did they say?"

"Usual stuff that it was a mistake and they would give an apology in the front page"

"So basically its sorted...they wanted to make money and grab eye balls that's it...now you know Rewa wasn't behind this...you behaved so rudely with the poor girl without knowing he truth"

It really hurt me to see him favoring Rewa, "So you did this for Rewa and not me", I said looking at him disappointingly.

He was about to say something when we were interrupted.

"Hello people..I am so sorry I got a little late...ahhh Mumbai traffic you see", George walked up to us in long and eager strides followed by his agent. Manik stood a step ahead of me and held his hand up for a shake hand but George took a little left and engulfed me into a warm hug first. I will agree I was a little taken aback when he suddenly rubbed his cheek against mine to greet and all I could do at that point of time was to notice Manik click his knuckles. I so knew he was fuming but this was my turn and I made sure I made the most of it. I slowly rose my hand and stroked his back twice in response and that fueled Manik's anger more.

"I must say Nandini you look beautiful in both Indian and western wear...It would be great to work around such pretty face", he smirked and looked at everyone for agreement.

"Amm but business is not only about pretty faces you see...we need a lot more", Manik stated in an acute blunt tone to get our focus.

But pretty faces makes our work more pleasant, Steve stepped back and closed Manik's hand shake with Manik putting up an evidently fake smile.

The Ex's At Warजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें