1. Another Day

I stretched my arms as I relaxed in the chair. Another day, another little piece of my soul gone. A man in his mid-fifties sat across from me in an old leather chair that looked as if it's been through some things. The man had messy gray hair sticking out all over the place, wrinkly old skin that looked like the leather on the chair. His eyes were a deep blue; turning a grayish color. He wore really thick glasses which made his eyes super big. The clothes he wore told a lot about him. The overly-large blue sweater vest that draped over his white dress shirt and made him look bigger told me that he probably lives alone. His brown trousers and black shoes did not go well with his crazy yellow socks. I'm guessing he doesn't wash his clothes that often either. His name was Daryl, but I had to call him Dr. Penske. Dr. Penske pulled out his clipboard and pen; clicking it once to take notes. He looked up at me and smiled, showing a mouth full of yellowish teeth. I didn't return the smile, I just continued to look at him with my expressionless face. Dr. Penske was my therapist, but not a very good one. He treats me like I'm five and doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I'm twelve, turning thirteen in August. My palms began to sweat as he held up an ink blot. It begins. My session.

I've hated these things ever since my grandmother forced me to go. She thought I was a weird kid, but who could blame her? I would talk about death a lot, scream and yell at random times, and would start talking to myself. But she cared for me. She wasn't afraid of me, she was afraid for me. Afraid that I would end up like a crazed psychopath and go on a rampage. I wasn't that freaky, I was just...different. I didn't just go to Dr. Penske, but today I had to. Other days, I would go to Dr. Florence, my Psychologist. She was much better than Dr. Penske.

Dr. Penske smiled some more as he continued to hold up the blot. "Now," he said, "tell me, what do you see when you look at this ink blot?"

I put squinted my eyes, trying to focus on the blot but my mind was on something else. What would happen if I just got up and ran out the door? I'd never come here again. How far would I run? Would I keep going and going till I reach the end? My mind spun and spun, contemplating my choices, but was suddenly interrupted by fingers snapping in my face. "Miss. Peters, please answer the question."

I blinked and shook my head, clearing my thoughts. "Um, well, I see a lonely man, standing on a train track, in the rain..."

"Well, that's not so bad," Penske smiled.

"...With an umbrella that's on fire," I finished. Penske's eyes widened, but he still continued to smile. If this guy doesn't stop smiling soon, I'm gonna beat the jolly out of him.

"Robin, I'm surprised about the improvement. Last time you said you saw an old lady falling down the stairs then being mauled by a tiger." Penske scribbled down something; clicking his pen again to retract it.

I smirked. "You see, I'm gonna try this new thing where I don't make people question life by the things I say."

"I'm glad you're going to make an effort." We continued with the hour long torture and I really did try my hardest to not make Penske pull his hair out. Surprisingly, it actually worked. After the session, he told me to continue taking my medication and stay out of trouble as usual. I walked out the door of that rickety old building and into the rainy streets of this hick town people call Gravity Falls. I flipped my hood up and stuffed my hands in my red jacket. I always wear my red jacket no matter what. It helps me hide... you know that's not really important right now.

The rain got heavier and heavier as I walked and it eventually started storming. The thunder boomed and lightning struck, making birds scattered from the branches of their trees. I smiled at those birds since some of them were robins. They were free, soaring through the sky. I wish I was a bird. But sadly, most of those free birds are hunted and get shot down, then they're not free anymore. Yes, I must admit, I may be bringing some of you down with what I say but that's just how my mind works.