Chapter 19: Hell Hath No Fury like A Countess and A Supermodel Scorned

Fumbling with the keys as I dreaded what was transpiring on the opposite end. I finally got the door opened and ran into the loft as I closed the door. Food and key in hand. Eyes wide opened in disbelief as I saw Claire on top of Natalie, she had her in a choke hold.

Natalie was pulling Claire's hair belligerently with one hand, as the other tried to pry Claire's hands from her throat. Claire's face displayed anguish as I could see a color darker than cerise all over it, one I had never before witnessed. Nevertheless, Claire was merciless and continued her affliction on Natalie.

Natalie was coughing and struggling to breathe. It was so unreal the sight of the two of them fighting for unknown reasons to me. They were screaming profanities at each other rapidly as if they were robots programmed to repeat their incessant taunts.

"I...I'm going to mother fucking...kill you, you fucking dead BITCH!!!!" I heard Natalie choke out as she coughed and squealed in agony. Her torso and legs twisting violently under Claire, in a distressed attempt to get Claire off her. To free herself from the choke-hold and get the advantage she so urgently sought.

"I hate you! Whore! The only killing that's going to be done here is from me. I'm going to squeeze your pathetic life from you!" Claire screamed without a hitch in her voice despite the obvious pain she was in from Natalie pulling her long brown hair with hints of gold. Claire pinned her down relentlessly and was not yielding at all. It was shocking to see them in action and I hated it.

"What the bloody hell is going on here?!! Fuck! Shit!" I screamed on top of my lungs as I ran into the dining room area of the loft, dropping the contents in my hand, onto the wooden floor.

They were both shocked and quickly looked at me loosening their grips but still holding their positions. Natalie's torso immediately stopped its ferocious struggle. Going towards them in hast, I place my arms around Claire's torso I gingerly lift her off Natalie. She was breathing heavily and almost at the point of tears as she looked at me as I turned her around to face me.

I too was in distress as my breathing became heavy and saturated with fury. And I could feel my anger boiling rapidly as I quickly looked over her body to make sure she was not injured. As my brows began to furrow in disbelief, shock and fear, I pulled Claire into me hugging her tightly.

The last thing I would ever want, is for her to be hurt or someone placing a hand on her. She was precious to me, from the beginning until now. I loved her and nothing or no one could ever destroy that. As I held her to me she held me back tightly as she cried against me. A bit beyond us, adjacent to the sofa I could clearly see a broken glass of red wine on the wooden floor. Natalie never drinks red wine, so I knew it belonged to Claire. It seemed as if she were attacked or caught off guard by Natalie as she was approaching the sofa to enjoy her wine. I clenched my fists together as I held her, almost forgetting Natalie until I heard her coughing as she sat up on the floor parallel to us.

Why the hell did I leave the two of them together alone? What was I bloody well thinking? They have always hated each other and a decade only made it worst.

Kissing Claire's head and closing my eyes to fathom the magnitude of what I had interrupted, I slowly let go of her and looked into her cerulean eyes that showed distress. The eyes that locked hers mirrored the same. I moved in and placed a small kiss on her lips before I looked away.