Chapter 11

Britta's P.O.V

I turned off my alarm, as it awakened me with a frightening sound.

I never should have chosen that beep tone in the first place!

I was so sleepy, I had only for 4 hours of sleep, and I had to dress up for my friend's wedding. My phone rang, and I looked at the caller ID. Jane.

I looked at the watch. 10:30 a.m.

Gosh! The wedding started at 2 and here was Jane, waking me up early in the morning for a stupid wardrobe detective game!?

"Rise and Shine!" Squealed Jane, as I brought the phone away from my ears. She was so loud.

"Dammit, Jane, try to speak a bit softly next time."

She completely decided to ignore it. I hopped off the bed, stamping on my teddy bear in the process.

"I am coming to your house in half an hour. Take a shower, and open your wardrobe. I am going to chose something real fab for you." I rolled me eyes.

"Of course, Jane. Fashion is your sixth sense. You made me wear a chicken costume with stilletos during a Halloween party!" I groaned.

"That was once. I swear I will choose something extraordinary for you today."

"You better."

I hung up, as I opened my door, only to welcome the aroma of pancakes and waffles. I climbed down the stairs, and saw my dad reading the paper.

"Morning, honey." Cried out my mom.

"Hey, mom. Where's Robert?"

"Gone for his morning jog." Said Dad, as I kissed his cheek. "Wanted to talk to him?" He raised his eyebrow, and I realized he was holding back a smile.

"He told you!" I sighed, exasperated. Dad started laughing.

"What's going on here?" Asked Mom. "Britta, gotta tell something?" She smirked at me.

"Of course " I turned back, to see my brother, standing in the doorway.

"You beach!" I cried, as I chased him around the house. "You had to do that, right? Make a big mess out of nothing."

"Who was he? Who was he?" Robert asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

He was one idiot.

~*~

"What about this one?" Asked Jane, as she held out a black sundress and I gave her a blank stare.

"It's a wedding Jane, not a funeral." I glared at her, and she just shrugged.

"You will look unique."

"Unique is the new stupid. Select something which is something like the outfit you are wearing." I glanced at her and she nodded her head.

To be honest, Jane looked stunning. She always did. She had curled her hair and wore a white dress which reached a bit below her knee. It was studded with sequins and was the color of ivory chiffon.

"By the way, you look stunning." I smiled at her.

"Tell me something new." She raised her eyebrows and I laughed. She was plain honest and down to earth and that's what I liked about her. Apart from her craziness. And her weird ideas.

Jane rummaged through the closet, unt she found a perfect one. It was a pink long gown, with a slit which would expose my legs. It was cropped at the top and then extended down.

It was really good.

"Yep." I nodded my head, grinning at her.

~*~

Edmund's P.O.V

I lost my breath. She looked stunning. She had worn a garland on her hair, the one with those flowers and shit.

Her dress revealed one of her legs, her brown hair swept across her face as she greeted Ashley.

Britta. She was here. She was destined to be here.

Again with you fantasies, Edmund!

Yet, she was there, dressed like Cinderella, As she looked around, her eyes locked with mine. We both stared at each other for a moment, until her lips curved into a full-blown smile, as she headed towards me.

"We meet again." I remarked, as we both stood in front of each other.

"Yep."

"You look beautiful."

"You don't look bad yourself." She shrugged, as I smirked at her.

"Ouch."

Suddenly, her friend whom I had seen yesterday at the bakery joined her.

"You are..." She raised her eyebrow. "The one from yesterday, right?" I nodded my head, as we shook hands. "Edmund."

"And you are?"

"Jane." She replied.

"Nice to meet you."

"You too." She smiled.

"So, you'll are Ash's friends?" I asked them

"Yeah. We were friends in college. She was a senior." Britta said

"Hey." Said Rob, joining me. "I am Rob, Ashley's-"

"Husband. Yes, we do know." Jane laughed, as Rob laughed along with her

"Of course."

Midway of the conversation, Britta and I exchanged glances.

Those surprised glances.

Those I-never-would've-thought glances