Chapter 5

"I think you are suffering from a lack of Vitamin me"

Edmund's P.O.V

Talkative. That's what she was. A blabbering girl who just kept blabbering about idiotic things. Talkative and hot too.

The store was large and there were hardly any people except for a few couples and a lady at the payment counter. I looked around for the first item. Flour.There were so many shelves stacked with stuff, some which I hadn't even heard of.

"You know, you should really lock the door when you want me to stay inside the car." Said Britta as she walked inside.

"Again?" I groaned, as I covered my face with my hands.

She shrugged and picked up a basket. In two minutes, we had picked up all the ingredients. She really must have been going to this shop very often.

"This is the first time I am buying ingredients from this shop." She eyed me suspiciously, reading my thoughts. How can she do that?

"Doesn't seem so."

"Well, you aren't the baker." She scofffed at me. "Hope you have the money."

I nodded at her, patting my pocket. Wait, I couldn't feel any hard substance. Not that hard substance. My little man was fine

"Wait a second. Let me ensure that I have it." She looked at me with uncertainty and I checked my front and back pockets. Obviously, I hadn't left it in the car.

"You are freaking kidding me." She hissed, as I meekly looked at her and she glared at me. I didn't want the green monster to erupt.

"Dont you have money? I can pay you afterwards." I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Not a single penny, you fool. I am going kill you and send you to hell. I didn't bring my wallet because you seemed confident about the money"

"Great." I muttered. We had all the ingredients in the basket, but no money. "I guess we just have to take it then."

"What are you talking about.....shoplifting?" She screeched. "You are impossible."

"So, The plan is-"

"I am not going to break my Being innocent record. Hell, I haven't even touched alcohol in my entire life, and here you are talking about shoplifting?" She hissed at me.

"The plan is" I continued, narrowing my eyes at her. "You distract that girl at the counter by acting as if you have had a heart attack and I will take all the ingredients back to the car. After that, I will come running towards you and tell the lady that I am going to rush you to the hospital."

She looked at me with wide eyes.

"And what about the CCTV cameras?" She asked, and I just shrugged.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"No, I am not." I said. "1, 2, 3, action!" I shoved her towards the woman who looked in her mind-thirties.

I hid behind one of the big shelves waiting for the right time to sneak outside.

She placed her hand on her heart and pretended to be in pain.

"Aaah! Please help me." She screamed which caught the attention of the lady. "An attack is under my heart. I mean my heart is under attack."

She closed her eyes, and let her legs fall to the ground. She pursed her lips and let out another scream as the lady ran up to her.

She tried to sooth her. "Wait up, young lady, breathe."

I giggled as Britta nodded her head and let out a fake moan.

There was no one watching me, I quietly sneaked out and rushed to put the basket in the car.

"What's the problem!?" I cried as I went inside and saw Britta on the floor. She spotted me and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Oh my God! I will rush her to the hospital." I said, as she pretended to be unconscious. I lifted her up and ran towards the door.

Mission Accomplished!

I slowed down when we were finally outside the shop. I looked at her.

God, she looked so innocent when she was sleeping. I brushed a strand of hair from her face. She looked adorable.

"I am not dead yet. Stop touching my hair" She opened her eyes and I let her stand on the ground. "But..that was one heck of an adventure!" She giggled and I joined her.

But. The cake was not yet ready and we had less than nine hours left.

Piper with your cornucopia. Please save me!