Georgia started to gather her stuff, suddenly chilled as the sun dipped behind the clouds one last time.  "That's what I admire most about you Reggie, you unwavering determination and limitless self-confidence."

"Admiration is a strong place to start." He jumped up and brushed off his shorts before reaching for Georgia's hand and pulling her up and out of her chair. "What are we doing for dinner this evening?" He folded her chair and tucked it under his arm as he followed her up the walk.

"I don't know what you're doing, but I was going to grill a steak and add some vegetables." Georgia was walking with her back towards him so he couldn't see her smile. She knew what was coming next.

"You know steaks are my favorite food."

"Are they?" Georgia remained stubbornly silent.

"Come on Georgia, I promise to make you laugh at least once."

"Fine. You're lucky I bought two."

He threw his arm around her shoulders and gave her a squeeze. "Yes, I am."

They continued up the path and as they crested the dunes there was a lone figure sitting in one of the rocking chairs on her back porch.

"I don't suppose you have three steaks?" Reggie asked and Georgia felt his body tense.

"No, I don't." As they grew closer Georgia could see that it was an older woman who seemed relaxed and unconcerned with their slowed pace.

Reggie sighed as they stopped at the base of the steps leading up to the porch. "Grandmother."

Georgia was able to hide her shock well and even though she appeared calm and unconcerned on the surface, her guard went up. Why was this woman here?

"Reginald my dear." She stood as they climbed the steps. "Won't you introduce me to your friend?"

"Why are you here Grandmother?" He threw himself down in a pout on one of the chairs ignoring her question.

"I thought I would go for a drive.  I haven't been out for a few days.  When I saw your car I thought I would stop and meet your new friend." The woman turned towards Georgia with a warm smile on her face.

She was a graceful woman whose bearing screamed wealth and breeding. She was tall and lean, almost as stall as Georgia, and she had snow white hair with deeper gray highlights. It was cut short and styled close to her head. Her eyes were a soft grey and very similar to Reggie's. Her face had, what some would call character. Lines bracketed her mouth and eyes saying she was fond of laughing and smiling.

Georgia returned her smile as they waited for Reggie to make the introductions.

"I'm Georgia Dawson." Georgia held out her hand to the woman when Reggie remained stubbornly silent.

"Sylvia Carlisle."

"Reggie why don't you run up the road to the store and get another steak so that your Grandmother can join us for dinner." Georgia turned to Sylvia. "That's if you would like to join us."

"I would love to. It's been awhile since I've had dinner out."

They both turned to Reggie and waited until he rose and moved off towards his car then they each took a rocking chair as they heard his car roar to life and then drive away.

"Reginald seems to be quite taken with you." Sylvia turned to look at her, taking in her appearance. She knew she was not at her best since she had been on the beach all afternoon.

Georgia smiled, choosing not to comment on Sylvia's statement. She honestly wasn't sure what she should say.  Reggie might be taken with her but she was not taken with him. Was that why this woman was here, to feel her out and see if there was more going on than a causal relationship?