"Thank you Molly," Craig said as she deposited the tray on the desk in front of her then turned around and left the room without looking at anyone.

"She really has it in for you doesn't she?" Craig asked as he poured them out coffee.

Georgia shook her head. "I'm more worried for Mr. Mailler. The worst she can do is get me fired, but if she had a mind to, she could do some serious damage to him." Georgia met Craig's gaze to see if he was taking her seriously.

He nodded as Ewan entered the room carrying some papers that he must have printed out in Craig's office. "She'll be handled before the day is out Ms. Dawson, but thank you for your concern." He didn't miss a beat as he took his place behind his desk.

Georgia sat at in her chair and waited for him to complete the task that he was doing.  When he finally looked up he took his time looking at her face and her bruise, his face was devoid of any emotion. He didn't comment on her lack of glasses or the bruise itself.

"I apologize about last night Ms. Dawson." His tawny eyes meet hers. Georgia could tell that he wanted to say more but either Craig or her request from the day before was holding him back.

"It was necessary Mr. Mailler. I'm sorry if I worried you about being unduly upset.  I was in a lot of pain and very tired so it was not one of my better moments in your employ. I knew that you had to do it and that you were unhappy about it."

He looked at her as if he was determining how much of what she said was true. 

"I would smile to try and convince you but it hurts." She pointed to her cheek as she excused herself. It didn't hurt that bad but she was still upset and she was lying about it.  If she smiled he would know she was lying.

He gave a short nod then leaned back in his chair.

"What do we have today?"

"Nothing serious. Diana informs me you have decided to trust her judgment where James is concerned." Georgia waited for his response.

"I may have said something to that effect last night but it wasn't exactly what I said.  I said that I would give him a chance."

Georgia nodded. She knew it was not quite as Diana had made it sound.

"I saw the photos in the paper and Diana seems very pleased with the match of you and Isobel." It was a statement not a question. She was hoping Ewan would comment on the subject and she was disappointed when he ignored the statement completely.

"We leave Friday for the country. What's on Diana's schedule until then, anything that I need to be concerned about?" He reached over for his phone which was lying next to him. Georgia watched his shirt as it pulled tight across his wide shoulders with the reach.

"No." She cleared her throat as she looked down at her schedule. "Most of her appointments are in preparation for the party. I will stick close to her side as best as I can.  Since she's under the impression that you trust her judgment she will not try to hide her relationship with James. That'll make my job a little easier."

Even though he didn't respond to her comment she knew he heard her. It seemed there was something serious happening on the business side of things because his jaw tensed and his left eye narrowed slightly.

Georgia knew the signs and she started to gather her things. "I'll keep Craig informed." There was little doubt that he would be gone shortly and she most likely would not see him for the rest of the week.

She smiled at Craig and started towards the door.

"Georgia." When he said her name with his proper English accent it always made her knees a little weak. She turned to look at him, meeting his gaze across the wide room. The intensity she saw there made everything around her fall away. It was just the two of them Georgia and Ewan.

"I am very sorry I hurt you." His voice was low and deep in its sincerity.

"All is forgiven Ewan," she said softly, this time she did smile before turning and leaving the room. 

She would forgive him anything when he looked at her like she was the only thing in the world that mattered. She knew it was just the charmer in him. She had heard the stories of his younger days, second hand, from a few of his friends that they had visited over the years. But of course that was all before he had to take over the family business, when he was still playing the field, young and unscarred.

The meeting had ended early so she headed back to her room. She need a few minutes to collect herself before she headed back to Diana. When she entered she found that her bed had been made but there was something not quite right. She took her time and looked around the room.

Then she noticed it. The photo of her husband had been moved. Georgia walked over to it and picked it up looking down at his boyish face and, not for the first time, she wondered if he had lived what he would be like now, what would she be like? Would they still be together? So many couples that started out young didn't make it.

She set the picture down looking around the room.  As much as she wanted to keep souvenirs of her and Ewan's time together she never did. The only thing she had was the night shirt which was non-descript and could be anyones.

She opened her drawers and noticed that they had been gone through. She then turned to her wardrobe and opened it.  All of her suits were hanging just as they should be, she ran her hand over them stopping when she hit the one at the back of the line.

It was cherry red and had been one of her favorites but she never wore it now. It was the one that she had worn that night. The night she and Ewan had been grounded in Dublin. The night their affair, if that's even what it was, had started. The night she made a promise and then broke it almost as soon as she had made it.