"It's Mrs. Dawson, Molly." Georgia smiled back sweetly, not saying another word as she picked up her sandwich and took another bite.

The maids finished up their chores quickly and silently and then made a hasty departure.

The whole episode had hit a little to close to home. If Georgia was honest with herself she was actually very anxious that people would start to take Molly seriously. Georgia had little doubt that Ewan would end their affair quickly if it was close to being revealed.

"That new girl won't last long. She's too big for her britches if you ask me." Ms. Levitt was quiet for a moment, shaking her head. "You and Mr. Mailler having an affair of all things. No offense, but that man has some of the most beautiful and exciting women in world chasing him."

Georgia forced herself to laugh. "Hmmm, yes and I am just a lowly four eyed widowed secretary."

"That's not what I meant. You're a lovely creature and if you would just put a little more effort..." she trailed off realizing that she was not helping herself.

"Ms. Levitt, I have had the great romance of my life. I was lucky enough to marry mine." Georgia couldn't help the sad smile that came to her face or the tears that followed.

She had loved Scott Dawson and when he had died she had thought her world had ended. Then she had met Ewan who had excited her and challenged her all at once and she came alive again, but she and Ewan would never have what she and Scott had had together because as much as she loved him he didn't return that love. Georgia didn't doubt that he had respect and a little affection for her and he also trusted her, but none of that meant he loved her. She drained her tea cup and gave a shaky smile.

"Thank you for the delicious tea and sandwich." She rose and at the stricken look on Ms. Lovett's face she walked over to her and gave her a hug of comfort.

Georgia was a naturally warm and nurturing person and she hated to think that she had made someone feel bad. "I'll feel ten times better tomorrow, once I get rid of this pounding headache. I normally don't feel so sorry for myself."

Ms. Levitt pulled back and looked at her. "If you ask me Mr. Mailler couldn't do better than you. You're a real lady."

"No, not really." She laughed again as she pulled away. "Goodnight." Georgia left the kitchen and slowly started up the stairs. There suddenly seemed to be a lot of them. She would love to lay down and take a nap but she still had to see Miss Diana off to her party.

She reached the top of the stairs and Craig was suddenly standing in front of her.

"Mr. Mailler would like to see you Georgia." He sounded very serious so Georgia had little choice but to follow him wearily down the hall.

Georgia had regained some of her composure as she entered his office.

Ewan was standing next to his desk looking down at his laptop as he typed something.

He was half dressed for the party. His white dress shirt was buttoned and the cuffs done, his slacks looked well pressed, and his bow-tie was hanging around his open collar. Georgia could just make out the top edge of the scar.

He looked up his eyes betraying nothing as they took in her wan appearance and heavily bruised face. "The maid?" he asked, wanting to be filled in on the situation. He looked back down at his computer.

"It seems she is convinced that you and I are having an affair since you deemed to touch me this afternoon. She was only convinced I was jealous this morning but now she has grown that idea into much more."

Ewan looked at her then at Craig who seemed shocked by the news.

"I haven't had time to tell Craig. I just had a run in with her in the kitchen where I caught her trying to spread her gossip to Ruth. Forgive me Craig, I'm not on my A game this evening."