She scanned Ewan's office, noting no change. It was a light wood-paneled room that had hardwood floors and beautiful Persian rugs scattered about. There was a leather couch and two armchairs in front of a fireplace, and his massive desk sat in the middle of the room with two similar leather armchairs in front of it. All around them were books. There was nothing personal in the room to tell you about the man. It was all staged to be dramatic and overwhelming.

"Georgia," Craig greeted, kissing her cheek. "Thank God you're back. How was your trip? Your aunt is well?"

Georgia gave Craig a smile and nodded. "Yes, thank you for asking."

"If you two are done. We have a lot of catching up to do this morning and a limited time in which to do so."

Georgia and Craig exchanged a look of understanding then they moved to the two armchairs.

"Mr. Mailler," Georgia greeted, keeping her expression sunny and pleasant.

"Ms. Dawson." He nodded, his face betraying nothing. "Let's start with the schedules first."

The next half hour was spent reviewing Diana's schedule and his own, ensuring that nothing was left out or forgotten. There were a few events that he and Diana would be attending together, and those were confirmed.

"Now, let's talk about James," Ewan said as he looked at his empty coffee cup and buzzed for some more.

"Ms. Dawson?" He waited silently for her to fill in any gaps that might have been missed. Ewan steepled his hands as he listened to her looking at the papers on his desk.

At one time, Georgia would have felt guilty about betraying Diana's confidences. However, the many times they had had to pull her out of the fire without her even knowing she had landed in it was enough to keep her sharing, but she tried to share only what was necessary.

There was also the matter of the first day she had met with Ewan, and he had assured her that Diana might have hired her, but he employed her. He paid her her very generous salary, and he would be the ultimate word in what needed to be done.

The thing that had allowed her to work so well with Diana was that she had never admitted to having had this conversation with Ewan. She had never once uttered the phrases, let's ask your brother or if your brother says...

Diana had chosen to be blissfully unaware of Georgia updating Ewan.

Just then, the door opened, and a new maid entered with a coffee tray. Her eyes were riveted to Ewan. She looked as if she had never seen anyone so awe-inspiring before.

Just as she reached the desk, her toe caught the edge of the rug, and she fell forward, spilling the tray and all of its contents hit the side of the desk, the steaming hot coffee splashing everything, most of all Ewan.

It splashed his shirt and tie, making his white shirt stick to his undershirt. Most people would have jumped out of their chair from the pain of the hot liquid, but Ewan barely felt it on his scars as he slowly looked down at his shirt and held it away from his body, his face showing no more emotion than usual.

The maid immediately started to apologize, and Ewan held up his hand, not saying a word.

After a moment when the young girl hadn't moved but had started to cry, Georgia felt the need to intervene.

"Please go get something to clean up the mess." Georgia stood, gently taking the crying girl's arm and leading her towards the door. "But see to yourself first." Georgia looked down at the young girl's hand, which was flaming red from where the hot coffee had splashed her.