2

Chapter 2-Shefani Coffee

Blake returned from his long night out, still amazed by the girl he met. Gwen, he kept repeating the name inside his head.

He flopped down on his bed, tired from walking. He just wanted peace and quiet, so he could think about this girl-

A man walked in making kissing sounds. Blake looked over to see his dorm mate making out with some random girl.

"Gosh damn it, Luke!" Blake screamed, throwing a pillow over his head. Luke broke his kiss with the girl at the speed of lightning. The girl, who looked about their age, turned red like a tomato. 

"Uh, sorry about this, Caroline." he said, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. He whispered something in the girl's ear before closing the door of their dorm room as she left.

"Dude, what the hell?" Luke said angrily towards Blake. "I thought you were gonna be out tonight."

"What, no apology for me?" Blake spat. "I am the one who just got scarred for life." 

"Aw, suck it up, man. It was only a kiss." Luke rolled his eyes.

"Well, it looked more than a kiss with your hand in her shorts and her leg wrapped around ya'!" Blake spat out again. All he wanted to do was sleep and think about Gwen, but no. His annoying dorm mate had to ruin it all...

Blake and Luke have been friends since Luke  moved to Tishomingo from Georgia a few years back. They both wanted to be county stars, and Luke already had a few interest in Nashville. Blake was about a month older, but looked about a year or so older. Luke looked a little old for nineteen, but he still had that childish glow to him that made him fun to be around. 

"Dang, you're sure in a bad mood today. Are you okay?" Luke asked showing his friend concerned. Blake didn't answer, he just looked at the ceiling with a certain glow in his eye...

"Wait!" Luke noticed Blake's glare. "Hold on a minute, is this about a girl..." Luke grinned widely. Blake just sighed, making Luke run over to him. "Aw, dude, is she hot?" 

"Very." Blake mumbled, but that's all he said.

"What's her name, man?" Luke wanted information.

"I'm not telling you." Blake rolled his eyes.

"Come on, dude! I'll have to tickle ya'!" Luke said.

"What the hell?" Blake looked at Luke, very disturbed and confused at what he said. Luke just laughed, even Blake couldn't help but chuckle. 

"Just tell me her name." Luke calmed down from laughing.

"Ugh, fine." Blake sighed in defeat. "Her name is..." Blake thought for a moment. The last time Luke met somebody he liked didn't go well. Her name was Kaynette, and she and Blake ended up breaking up. Blake couldn't tell him about Gwen, not if he ever wanted to see her again in peace. "Miranda. Her name is Miranda." he gulped, remembering the girl from the bar.

"Miranda? Hey, I know Miranda!" Luke smiled. 

"You-you do?" Blake stuttered. 

"Yeah, Miranda Lambert, right?" Luke asked.

"Um, yeah." Blake hoped it was the same girl. It probably was. Tishomingo wasn't very big.

"Sweet, man! I was actually thinking about hooking you two up." Luke sounded accomplished.

"Sure you were." Blake rolled his eyes once again.

"I was, man. I swear!" Luke did the boy scout honor sign. "Anyways, I was wondering if you'd like to go out with a new friend and I next week. I was thinking about hooking you guys up, too. She's really nice and pretty." Luke asked.