Chapter 1: Choosing Ceremony

Tris's POV:

I was peacefully sleeping when I was rudely woken up by loud noises coming from my twin brothers room. Now I'm pissed. I look at my little alarm clock and see that it is only 4:35 in the morning. What could cause Uriah to be up this early? I was about to go see what all noise was about when I remembered it was our older brother's choosing ceremony.

I leaped out of bed and ran to my bathroom as fast as I could to take a shower and get ready. After a quick ten minute shower I run to my closet and took out a plain black tank top and black leggings with my black leather jacket and combat boots. I quickly got dressed and went out to the kitchen where my mom and brothers are sitting eating breakfast and talking about what Zeke will do.

"Good morning Tris," my mom said to me as I sat down getting some food on my plate.
"Morning mom. Hey Zeke, do you know what you are going to do today?" I asked Zeke with a smile knowing that he will make the right choice.
"Yea about that I think I'm, no I know that I'm . . . staying. Dauntless is my home and will always be as long as I'm allowed to live here," Zeke said adding that pause just to be dramatic.
"Good it would different without you here, Zeke," I say getting up to hug him.
"Thanks Bea. It would be different without you and Uriah annoying each other every day." he said messing with mine and Uriah's, who's sitting next to him, hair.
"Zeke I'm so happy you are staying, I wont have to go through Bea's pranks alone," Uriah said smiling. I actually forgot about the pranks. I used to prank them every day and no one would go unpranked.
"Yea I would miss those pranks," Zeke said sighing.
"I, for one, wont miss those pranks. Someone always ends up hurt, upset, or really pissed to the point where they wouldn't come home for dinner or breakfast," mom said clearing the table.

After our talks and breakfast, Uriah, Zeke, and I ran to catch the train and get to the Hub on time. Once we got there and sat in the Dauntless section and the ceremony began. I zoned out most of the ceremony except when they called my brother and friends names, of they picked Dauntless. What surprised me the most was that a stiff chose Dauntless, I think his name was something like Thomas, or something that started with a T.

Leaving the Hub I caught up with the stiff to ask him few questions.
"Hey stiff, I'm Tris. What's your name?" I asked trying to be nice.
He paused and took a while to answer. By the time he answered we were almost at the compound. "Tobias, my name is Tobias," he said. I wasn't really expecting him to answer me.
"Why would a stiff like you pick Dauntless out of all the factions?" I asked.
"Because I needed to get away and I thought Dauntless would be the best place to do that. Is that a problem?" He said with a kind of Candor-like attitude.

"Nope," I answered then jumped off the train tucking and rolling and jumping up to run to the ledge. I waited for the Dauntless leaders to give their speech that the give ever year, I stood next to my dad (Max is their father, everyone important in Dauntless knows)while he asked, "Who wants to jump first?" No one answered, I was disappointed. I surely thought Zeke would go first to impress dad and to show off, but much to my dismay the stiff Tobias was the first to jump.

After all the newbies jumped, Uriah and I jumped. I landed in the net and didn't have time to crawl out before my annoying twin came tumbling down on me, crushing me."Hey! Get your fat butt off me before I call for dad." I yell at him, that was enough to get him off and running. I chase after heading to the pit where everyone else is. They just started the tour and already there was Candor smart ass going off. This is going a hard two weeks.