Anastasia Lucendent Adela

Start from the beginning

He was not interested in finding a wife, and seemed oblivious to their constant flirting.

  Father casually slipped me a bag of gold coins with a smirk for guessing the right number of girls and James catches the action, rolling his eyes but smiling all the same.

Many young children fought for the attention of Augustus, students, I assume. They curiously looked at his bandaged wrist, and August knelt down to talk to them with mine words I couldn't hear over the roar of the crowd.

The twins talked to a group of boys who I have seen them running around with. A band of mischievous pranksters no doubt.

When I spot Charles, I notice that he is talking to a young girl with wavy dirty blonde hair. I smile when I see the blush on his cheeks.

Part of me hopes to find Magiano, but all hope dies when the trumpets sound. It's time for the moment I have been dreading.

The crowd parts, leaving the red carpet open for the Clan princes.

A short, fat man appears from the doorway and walks up to the throne. He had black hair and a comical grin on his face as if this were a contest he had already one. He kneels down before my father.

"I am Sir Kenneth, leader of the Fourth Clan!" He announced proudly. I catch a smile form on Father's face as he recognizes his old friend. Father grew up in the Fourth Clan, a strong prince raised by a wealthy family. He has told me before that after his accession to the throne his family elected Sir Kenneth as king, knowing he would produce a strong son to compete for the crown during the next trials. "This is my son, Prince Timothy!" Sir Kenneth yells with a triumphant smile, stepping aside to reveal his offspring.

Timothy stepped into view. He had a good build, big hands and a strong chest. He would be impressive if it weren't for his size or the fact he was shaped like a bowling pin. As he drawls closer I notice that he probably comes to about my shoulders, and his tiny pinhead made him even more hard to take seriously.

  His black buzz cut hair and hard brown eyes made him even more unattractive to me, and I couldn't help but image just how more handsome Magiano is. The prince winked and flexed his muscles discreetly, as if this was a gift only I was fortunate enough to receive.

  I tried hard not to groan, I truly did. Father nudged me with is arm. He had laughter shining in his eyes and I could tell it was taking most of his willpower and my mother's threatening glares to get him to hold it back.

  Prince Shorty gave me one last wink then he walked up the steps. I reluctantly held out my hand which he grabbed tighter than necessary and kissed firmly. I pulled it back quickly, trying my best not to look disgusted or wipe my hand on my throne cushion.

  Then the trumpets went off again and a large man with a long braided brown beard stood at the door. He stomped his way to the thrones and kneeled down. "I am Sir Joe, leader of the third clan!" He announces with a loud voice.

  I snort and lean over to Father. "Sir Joe?" I ask giggling. He shrugs, his face red at the effort to remain serious. Mother looked between the two of us with a threatening expression.

  "This is my son Prince Samuel!" He says standing and stepping aside. Prince Samuel appears in the doorway.

He is a very large boy.