A Strangers Home

You weren't the type of person who watched much tv, or YouTube, only the occasional makeup how to video or even more rarely, an amazingphil video for a laugh, but you didn't understand the whole youtuber craze. Fangirls and fanboys weirded you out. Becoming extremely obsessed with people you don't even know? It just seemed... wrong. You had a few book series that you loved, but you never obsessed over anything. Your  mom always rolled her eyes and would sigh, saying, "what a boring girl." And would dissapear for hours to watch YouTube and a show that had been running for too many years called "Supernatural " Talk about crazy. Your mom was a typical fangirl, with her room full of merchandise and her walls plastered with anime posters. Not what you would expect from a woman in her late 40s. Your mom loved to dye her hair crazy colours as well, and you we're surprised that she was ever able to get even the lowest paying jobs. Aren't parents supposed to be the mature ones? Oh yeah, and your dad died about a year ago in a car crash. He was always drunk and you weren't really surprised that he died because of his issue. Life wasn't great, but at least you had a well paying job as a house cleaner. It definitely wasn't the job you wanted, but it counts for something. You grab your keys to your seafoam VW Beetle, and head out the door. Your (h/c) hair is curled into nice swirls, and your wearing a white knitted beanie. You throw on some grey boots that you think look nice with your white jeans and baggy grey jumper. "I'll bring you some Chinese!" You call to your mom as you step out onto the front porch in the chilly autumn air. You blow into your hands, warming them. You climb into your car, type in the first adress of the day into your garmin and your off to work. As you drive through the traffic ridden streets, you think about maybe stopping for a bit of coffee. One of the perks of always leaving for work early. You turn off at your favorite coffee shop, and drive by the drive through window.
"Hi, (y/n)!" The waitress, Amelia, one of your closest friends waves at you.  You had always been envious of her because she was so outgoing. Everyone loved her. "Hi Amelia." You smile politely, accentuating your dimples. She grinned at you, closing her eyes with her wide, sparkling smile. Her red hair gleamed in the miniscule amount of sun that was peaking through the clouds. "How's (mom's name) doing?" She asks about your mother. "Same as ever I suppose," you shrug. "The usual please" Amelia nods.
"Sure thing,hon" she mixes up your peppermint bark mocha then hands it to you. You give her a tip. She waves it in the air with a smile. "Come again!" You laugh slightly.
"Always" You pull back out onto the road and back into the steady stream of traffic, but the caffine helps you through it. What feels like an eternity later, you arrive at the first house of the day. Its a nice house with a rather nice pool, a large yard and lots of beautiful plants. The house itself is very pretty, and you spend the next few moments admiring it afar. You take a steady breath, and walk up to the front door. You ring the doorbell a couple of times, but no one answers. You tap your foot impatiently. You only have a certain amount of time to clean each house. Finally, a blonde guy with smooth, flipped hair answers the door. He is very skinny and pasty white, like a young baby. He looks at you up and down with out speaking, which leaves you very uncomfortable. You turn your (e/c) eyes away from the young man, who appears to be in his mid 20s. He  startles you by finally speaking.
"Wait here." He tells you, then closes the door. You furrow your brow. You can hear muffled speech coming from inside, it sounds like he us talking to another man. You hear loud laughter, then a different man comes to the door. He is lightly bearded and a bit bigger and more tan than the other guy. He smiles and extends his hand out to you. You take it slowly.
"Nice to meet you" he says sweetly. "I'm Ryan and this is my friend Matt." He gestures towards the blonde man, who smiles and waves. You smile uncomfortably.
"I'm (y/n)" You introduce yourself.
"Come in" he extends the door open wider and invites you in. You thank him quietly and wipe your shoes on the mat before stepping inside. Its a fairly nice house, although it is kind of dirty and smells of dog. You look around a little bit. "How much would you like me to do?" You ask, turning your eyes to the men. Matt speaks up first this time.
"Just do everything, if you don't mind." He explains. You shake your head.
"Not at all." You don't mention the price, because just by the largeness of the property owned by two young men, you are sure they have plenty of money. You never charge much anyways. You set down your bag. Its going to be a long day. You might have to cancel your other appointments for the day. "Where do I start?" You ask. The guys look at each hi other and shrug.
"Anywhere."
You nod and go back out to your car to get your cleaning supplies. You grab the window cleaner, wood cleaner, and carpet cleaner, then return to the house. When you are back inside, Ryan and Matt have set out a mop,broom, and some rags for you and a vaccum cleaner as well. You smile.
"Well, thats helpful" you mumble, and grab a rag from the small stack. You wash the counters first, until they shine, then move on to wipe other surfaces in the house. You mop the kitchen floor, clean the carpet and blow dry it, then vaccume the rest. You move in to the other rooms of the house, the living room, dining room, three bedrooms, a bathroom, and you wash the windows inside and out. Your glad that the men at least cleaned up a little before you arrived. After about three hours, you stand up and wipe your forehead. That was a lot of work in a day. After a few minutes of putting all of your cleaning products back in your car, you notice that you are alone. The men are gone, and you are by yourself in their home. You start to panic a little bit, but try to convince yourself that the coffee is just getting to you. You take deep breaths and close your eyes. "Why would they leave?" You wonder. "Maybe they thought I would take longer then I did to finish?" You stop panicking. Thinking carefully like this always helped you to stay calm when you would become too stressed. you move back to the living room and find a note on the small table. You pick it up and read it carefully. It says, "(y/n), thanks for cleaning up. We will be back by 12:00 pm. " The note explains. "Don't worry about being there alone. You can play any games we have in the recording room. Try not to break stuff. ~Ryan and Matt "
You sigh, refold the note and put it in your pocket. You move to the back of the house and open the door to the room you assumed they we're talking about. Sure enough, there was a computer, and lots of techy looking set up. "Wow" you mumble to yourself. "Mom would love this geeky stuff" you put your arms on the back of the soft black office chair. This room seems familiar, but you can't put your finger on it. The back of the chair is so soft that your overcome by the urge to sit in it. You sit down and spin a few times. After only a moment you regret the idea. You look at the time. 3:45. Looks like you'll be here for a while. You sigh and take out your phone. Might as well read. You put on the (favorite book) audio book, then plug in your headphones and lean back into the soft chair. You spin slowly, looking at the blue and black square padding on the wall. Your eyes feel heavy and you are tired from your hours of working. Before you know it, you've fallen asleep in a strangers house.