Epilogue

Epilogue

It's been five year since Tsukasa died. I finally got out of therapy since the doctors were scared that I would try to kill myself.

My mind was numb. I knew I would have to face everyone at the company. I'm the leader now. Tsukasa put my name as the undertaker. I didn't know if I had the capabilities to be the president of the company my brother created.

I got out of my car, and went into the office that Tsukasa would sit in. I heard a knock on my door. Takumi comes in, and goes over to me.

"Here are the papers." He replies blandly. I could tell he wasn't all there. He was lost in his own trance.

"Thanks." I scooped up the papers, and tossed it on my desk.

"I miss Tsukasa. It feels like he never existed."

"Shut up." I stood up.

I heard a phone ringing, and I went to retrieve it. "Hello." I said.

"Seiji. Masa really wants to see his parents. What should I do?" I could hear Shoko struggling. I gave Masa over to my sister. I couldn't stand seeing him with me or Kare. It just wouldn't work out.

"I don't know. Sorry." I hung up.

I glared over at Takumi, who was staring at a me. "What?" I glared.

"You've changed."

"Yeah. Fuck off, and give me the forms. We need new employees quick. This whole building is becoming shit." I held my head. The splitting headache arises.

"Whatever." He puts the pile of resumes on my desk, and leaves.

I didn't know why I was so bitter. The fact that this mysterious girlfriend is still a mystery, and the fact that Kare would dare do such a thing. My emotions were numb. I didn't really care for what happens next.

The main hurt in me was the fact that I ended my brother's life early. I will forever be haunted by that tragic thought. Unfortunately for him, I was still very spiteful towards him. I couldn't forgive him. Along the way, I couldn't forgive myself. What kind of monster am I? I knew I wasn't fully mentally recovered. I knew stepping out into the real world with my state of mind wasn't ideal. I didn't care. I took the chance.

I picked up the resumes, and started skimming through them.

"Uhg..." I inhaled a really heavy scented letter. The scent was familiar. I took a hold of that particular sheet that reeked of cheap cologne.

"Kyou Kusaka." I saw in fine print. The name sounds familiar. He's risky. I like it. I closed my eyes, and remembered that kid that I would occasionally see. Could it be him? I took his resume, and placed it on the accepted pile. If it's him, maybe I can rekindle with him. I was hopeful.

I shall see you soon Kyou. A small grin formed on my lips.

End