The Real Wedding

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Axl asks.

"Ax, we've been married since November." I remind him.

We stand in a room in the big church we're holding the wedding in. I look at myself in the mirror, I hate wearing dresses. Axl is dress in a black dress shirt and black jeans, I can only assume that's how the rest of the band is dressed. Queenie is dressed in a black maid of honour dress and Ruby is dressed in a black flower girl dress. The lot of us is wearing a fair bit of black for being in a church.

Two years ago today was possibly the best day of my life. Duff and I got together. A lot has changed in those to years. I mean when we met, Duff was in a developing band and I was working at a bar. Now I'm on a national soccer team and Duff is in the biggest band in the planet. One thing hasn't changed though, even after two years Duff makes me feel like he's still chasing me. I love him like crazy.

"I feel stupid though." I state and Axl smiles.

"You look gorgeous though." He says and I smile. "Last time I was with Duff he was freaking out."

"Why? I've never once in my life see that man get stage fright." I say and he laughs.

"I'm not sure why he's freaking out to be completely honest. I think it's because he knows that right after this we have to leave again." Axl sighs. "It kills him to be away from you."

"I hate him being away to but it's his dream and I'm not going to stand in the way of it." I say and Axl smiles.

"He said the exact same thing every time you left for soccer." He admits. "I didn't want to say it because you're my baby sister and he's my bassist but I think you two are absolutely, 100% perfect for each other." I smile.

"I'm glad someone else sees it." I say as the door behind us opens.

Queenie and Ruby walk in. Ruby skips up to me and I pick her up. She kisses my lips and smiles.

"That's from Duffy, he says he loves you." She laughs. I smile and kiss her.

"Go give that to Duff and tell him that I love him more." I say and she lights up.

"Okay!" Ruby squeals and runs out the room.

"You ready for this?" Chelsea asks me and I smile.

"Yeah. I mean we're already married." I say and she nods.

"Just there's a lot of people out there." She states and I look down at my feet.

Chelsea had made me wear a pair of heels because apparently Chuck Taylor's don't go with a wedding dress. They make me about four inches taller and make me about as sturdy as Steve after six shots of tequila. For the record, I stand 5'7, I don't think I need to be much taller than that. Christ, I'm gonna fall flat on my face. Axl laughs being able to read my face like a book.

"I won't let you fall, TJ." He promises me as the door opens.

My mom and Ruby both look in. My mom smiles.

"I told you that TJ looked pretty." Ruby tells mom.

"TJ looks very pretty." Mom says.

"Axl is pretty to, mama." Ruby says and mom laughs.

"Don't you think I'm pretty, mom?" Axl twirls around.

"You're very pretty, son." She laughs. "They're ready to start."

I nod and Queenie leads Axl and I out. My arm is lopped through Axl's and he bumps me with his hip.

"I could still kill Duff, Y'know." He says and I give him a look that causes him to laugh.

Ruby is going down the aisle first, then Queenie, then Axl and I.

"Just one foot at a time, T." Axl says and I nod.

Ruby goes, then Chelsea, then it's our turn. The door opens wide and I see the pews filled with people. Duff has a big family. At the end of the church I see my husband and three of his best friends (the fourth is walking me down the aisle). Queenie holds onto Ruby's hand while standing off the the other side and the preacher stands between them. Axl and I walk down towards our family through the sea of my in-laws. When we finally get to the end of the aisle Axl kisses my cheek and Duff comes down to meet us.

"Hurt her and I'll still kill you." My brother mutters and I glare at him making Duff laugh.

"Not gonna happen." My husband promises as he takes my hands.

If you were to ask me details about the service, I couldn't tell you. Duff's brother recorded it all and I'd tell you to watch the tape. I said what was supposed to be said and Duff said what he was supposed to say. Other than that, I just kept looking at Duff. Once I was holding his hand in front of our families, the room was empty. All that mattered in those moments was Duff and I. As soon as the preacher said you may now kiss your bride, Duff cupped my face in his hands and brought my lips to his. Our families cheered and I could hear Ruby laugh and everything was perfect.

Later that night, Duff and I were dancing at the reception. He holds me so close I can hear his heart beat. I had ditched those railroad spikes that I was walking in earlier and was dancing around barefoot.

"I love you." He says in my ear and I smile.

"I love you more." I say and Duff laughs.

"Impossible." He says and kisses my hair. "When I get back from tour, we're going to have a real honeymoon."

"Are we now?" I laugh and he smiles.

"Yeah, where do you want to go?" Duff wonders.

"I think you have a place in mind, don't you?" I ask and he nods happily.

"You said you never got the chance to see Italy the way you wanted to." Duff explains. "I was thinking we could go there." I smile.

"I think that's a perfect idea." I say and he smiles.

"Good because I already bought the tickets." Duff laughs and I join him.

"Y'know I'm the luckiest girl on plant earth?" I say and he smiles.

"Guess it works out well that I'm the luckiest guy." Duff says and kisses my nose.